Leinster v Toulouse

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Leinster.png
Leinster v Toulouse
Toulouse.png
</div>

Toulouse travel to Dublin with a home quarter final in their sights having got the better of Leicester in their head to head and cementing their position as favourites to go through. However, they could face easier away games than this one but won't be too stressed given the poor form of the Leinster backs and their ability to deal with even an improved Leinster pack.

Leinster for their part have no pressure on them, they're out of this competition but a full house at the RDS will still expect a decent performance and the team need to show that their season doesn't end with Europe, there's still the league to play for.

Should be an away win given Toulouse have more to play for???

Teams - TBC

Agree with the prediction.

Leinster are still too soft for my liking, but I'm looking forward to it. Could be a good game.

Looking forward to this one :D

Leinster should have no problem getting themselves motivated for this game and I think Toulouse will struggle to get a win here.

Was thinking that but there was nothing confirmed on the ERC website, same for tomorow's Munster match in the Ireland and the UK, presumably it's on Sky.

Decent start for Leinster 3-0 at the moment but need to capitalise on possession

Funny first half. Toulouse let Leinster play, but the scores didn't come. Then the second half was a mirror image of territory and possession, but Leinster used their imagination and looked more dangerous.

Leinster could have taken full points, but their tactical kicking was poor. And the only decent scrum half on the pitch was Elissalde.

Well it was a match we were always going to win but again dissappointing not to be able to get maximum points, Europe officially over for Leinster now.

Fitzgerald, Heaslip, the future is here. Well played to the pack great performance

Fitzgerald, yes. Pity he lost his way with BOD's late run out to the right wing.

Heaslip? Jury's out. The young prop was interesting - good around the park, but didn't Leinster's scrum suffer when he came on?

And Kearney? No way. A kicker who couldn't kick. Big disappointment.

Personally I thought both teams lacked a cutting edge... for all the dominace both teams had at times, their inability to score tries was quite telling.

Well it was a match we were always going to win but again dissappointing not to be able to get maximum points, Europe officially over for Leinster now.
[/b]

Are you joking? Toulouse are one of the best sides in Europe and the favourites for the competition. To win full stop is a great result.

Fitzgerald, yes. Pity he lost his way with BOD's late run out to the right wing.

Heaslip? Jury's out. The young prop was interesting - good around the park, but didn't Leinster's scrum suffer when he came on?

And Kearney? No way. A kicker who couldn't kick. Big disappointment. [/b]

Jury's out? He was man of the match and has been for the last few games, he has been phenominal this season

The young prop is Cian Healy, one of my coaches mates. This was his fourth game and he has two tries so far, he is a great ball carrier.

Healy try 1
Healy try 2

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Are you joking? Toulouse are one of the best sides in Europe and the favourites for the competition. To win full stop is a great result.
[/b][/quote]

No we're not a **** team ourselves, we do have the ability to get bonus point wins against top sides, we've certainly shown that in previous seasons but not this season so yes it is dissappointing.

Heaslip? Jury's out.[/b]

Are you EOS in disguise? It'll be a feckin disgrace if Heaslip isn't the starting no. 8 for Ireland thoughout the Six Nations, his form this year has been awesome.

Not at all! Like yourself, I call it as I see it. Yesterday he wasn't convincing - some ball lost at the base of the scrum and no great impact running with ball in hand.

That's not to say he's not the best available to EOS, but if he is the best then we're in trouble over the next few months.

Do you actually watch Heaslip all that often? He was deservedly MOM yesterday and has been fantastic all this season and his link play with the backs is brilliant, I think he's much more suited to the type of game Ireland try to play too.

Fitzgerald took his tries very well and Healy was impressive when he came on, the pack overall were fantastic, Cullen must surely have played himself into the 6N 22 if not starting 15

What a great win by leinster. :D

Felipe is looking like one bad mo fo. :D He is the man that offload to fitzgerald=greatness.

That's not to say he's not the best available to EOS, but if he is the best then we're in trouble over the next few months. [/b]
Were in trouble over the next few months regardless of who play's #8 if you ask me, but quibbling over Heaslips form in the face of multiple man of the match performances in all competitions smells a bit off. If Leamy was getting the plaudits youd be off your chair and singing his praises. Either way, given Leamy's currently playing 6 for Munster, it should make the decision fairly easy for EOS (while he continues to ignore Quinlan). Heaslip at 8 and Leamy at 6, I like the sound of that combination actually.

Kearney's form this year has been excellent. I'd be surprised if he wasnt involved in this 6 nations.

Healy, along with Buckley are both still young. Its good to see two young props coming through but give them time. Neither are the answer yet.

Latest posts