• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster v Ulster

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Leinster.png
Ulster.png

Leinster v Ulster</div>

This match is a must win for Leinster who cannot afford to lose anymore ground on Munster before the sides face off next week at Thomond Park, so nice to have another interpro before that one just to get the adrenaline flowing.

Gordon D'Arcy asked to play in this match having started the last 2 Ireland games but it seems like a good move with the Quins game looming large. Leo Cullen also makes his return to the Leinster squad along with CJ van der Linde.

Ulster's internationals return to the squad, bar Stephen Ferris who picked up a finger injury on Saturday.

Teams: TBC

SHould be good to get back to the RDS for a game.

Cant look beyond a Leinster win but the question is did the 2 month break do them any good? Are we going to see the team that hammered Wasps or the Team that limped through in the HEC.

Not a full team obviously, but enough players in key positions to give us an indication.

Leinster to win by 14.

and most of the starting XV will have started last time out against the Ospreys.

Leinster team to play Ulster at the RDS in the Magners League on Sunday 29 March:

Girvan Dempsey, Shane Horgan, Fergus McFadden, Gordon D'Arcy, Isa Nacewa, Felipe Contepomi, Chris Whitaker, Cian Healy, Bernard Jackman, Stan Wright, Leo Cullen, Malcolm O'Kelly, Cameron Jowitt, Shane Jennings, Rocky Elsom

Replacements: John Fogarty, CJ van der Linde, Ronan McCormack, Trevor Hogan, Devin Toner, Sean O'Brien, Paul O'Donohoe, Jonathan Sexton, Simon Keogh

LEINSTER:

15: Girvan Dempsey
14: Shane Horgan
13: Fergus McFadden
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Isa Nacewa
10: Felipe Contepomi
9: Chris Whitaker

1: Cian Healy
2: Bernard Jackman
3: Stan Wright
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Malcolm O'Kelly
6: Cameron Jowitt
7: Shane Jennings
8: Rocky Elsom

REPLACEMENTS FROM: John Fogarty, CJ van der Linde, Ronan McCormack, Trevor Hogan, Devin Toner, Sean O'Brien, Paul O'Donohoe, Jonathan Sexton, Simon Keogh

ULSTER:

15: Clinton Schifcofske
14: Andrew Trimble
13: Darren Cave
12: Paddy Wallace
11: Simon Danielli
10: Ian Humphreys
9: Isaac Boss

1: Tom Court
2: Rory Best CAPTAIN
3: BJ Botha
4: Ed O'Donoghue
5: Ryan Caldwell
6: Matt McCullough
7: David Pollock
8: Chris Henry

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Nigel Brady
17: Bryan Young
18: Carlo Del Fava
19: Robbie Diack
20: Cillian Willis
21: Ian Whitten
22: Timoci Nagusa

REFEREE: Carlo Damasco (FIR), ASSISTANT REFEREES: Leo Colgan (IRFU), Daragh McCormack (IRFU), 4th OFFICIAL: Peter Dennehy (ARLB), 5th OFFICIAL: Barry O'Keeffe (ARLB), TMO: Bertie Smith (IRFU)

Edit - beaten to it

understandable as O'Donohue isn't going to start against Quins and with him starting the last 2 games Whitaker needs game time before the quarter final.

Why not though? He looked better than Whitaker the last two times I have seen him play. And don't tell me Jowitt will be in the 22 for Quins?

well I'll reserve judgement until it's confirmed either way that Reddan is coming, if not then he can **** off.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 28 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Mar 28 2009, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 28 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Mar 28 2009, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAAAA!! We are a f***ing joke. Munster must be ******* themselves.[/b]

I'm sure they are now, given the backlash they'll get in the wake of this game.
[/b][/quote]

There won't be a backlash. If there is it'll be at the hands of ____ in the Magners League next weekend. Then back to cack (we hope) for the Munster match so we can sell out Croke Park for a provinsiol rugby match and the ERC do a happy dance and roll around in the dosh!

What age is Fergus McFadden?
[/b][/quote]

do I have to tell you twice :p he's 22.
[/b][/quote]

Ooops, must ha emissed the first one. Looking forward to Faddy vs Cave tomorrow. I prefer Cave TBH but should be a cracker. And of Course Paddy 'you nicked my place' Wallace vs Gordan 'nah, I'm just better than you D'Arcy' will be battleing inside them. great stuff!

Shame we won't have any Jonny 'Can't kick' Sexton against Ian 'Can't tackle' Humphries aswell.

Edit: I'll move that to the Leinster vs Ulster match thread actually.

fortunate there from Jowitt to get away with that, could have been done for taking Danielli, marginal though.

attempted big hit from Trimble on D'Arcy, not quite timing it, good running though previously from McFadden and Healy.

Morris' Ulster bias coming into it with his comments on that kick, never looked close to going over, surprised Humphreys even had the legs for that kick.

Some guy on a justinTV chat thing trying to tell me Sean O'Brien has no potential.

Latest posts