• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster v Ulster

A

An Tarbh

Leinster have made 2 changes to the side which beat the Scarlets, Stan Wright is back in the front row and O'Kelly comes in for Nathan Hines.

Ulster have rested Stephen Ferris, Tom Court, Andrew Trimble and Paddy Wallace for the trip to Dublin.

Leinster: R Kearney, S Horgan, B O'Driscoll, G D'Arcy, I Nacewa, S Berne, E Reddan; C Healy, J Fogarty, S Wright, L Cullen (cpt), M O'Kelly, K McLaughlin, S O'Brien, J Heaslip.
Replacements: B Jackman, M Ross, N Hines/D Toner, S Keogh, P O'Donohoe, F McFadden, G Dempsey.

Ulster: J Smith, T Nagusa, D Cave, I Whitten, S Danielli, N O'Connor, I Boss; B Young, N Brady, BJ Botha, E O'Donoghue, D Tuohy, D Pollock, T Anderson, C Henry (cpt).
Replacements: A Kyriacou, D Fitzpatrick, R Caldwell, W Faloon, C Willis, I Humphreys, J Shiells.

Referee: George Clancey (IRFU)

**** off.

Ireland's oldest and most important derby tomorrow. Come on Leinster!

I'm off for Crimbo food now. Good luck lads.

No Trimble, Ferris, Court, Wallace, iHumph or Shifcofske for Ulster points to them giving up hope of winning the game. It's a big chance for Jamie Smith to show what he can do at fullback sine it's widely anticipated that Ulster need to strengthen that area of their team during the summer. If he takes his chance, he could find himself occupying the 15 shirt more regularly during the 2010/11 season.

Looking at the two teams, Leinster are easily the stronger side. They could win by 20+ points and pick up a bonus point if they get off to an early start. I doubt Niall O'Connor is good enough to keep Ulster close.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Dec 25 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No Trimble, Ferris, Court, Wallace, iHumph or Shifcofske for Ulster points to them giving up hope of winning the game. It's a big chance for Jamie Smith to show what he can do at fullback sine it's widely anticipated that Ulster need to strengthen that area of their team during the summer. If he takes his chance, he could find himself occupying the 15 shirt more regularly during the 2010/11 season.

Looking at the two teams, Leinster are easily the stronger side. They could win by 20+ points and pick up a bonus point if they get off to an early start. I doubt Niall O'Connor is good enough to keep Ulster close.[/b]
Surely the player management of the IRFU cant be held 100% responsible can they

Currently 15-3 to Leinster, in the second half, tries from Kearney and Heaslip.

EDIT: Final score, 15-3 to Leinster.

Just back. That was a painful experience. A poor match, little to go for it. Missed jkearneys try though the offload from BOD looked a little dodgy. Heaslis was a nice run up the touchline but the Ulster fullback should have gone for the bootlaces. Heaslips hand off was wayyyy to easy.

Other then that, Humphreys made a huge difference when he came on. He was turning up everywhere. Very impressed with him, and the back row. They gave Leinster a really hard time at the breakdown. The first team to do that since .......... well since they did it to us last time.

Happy with the win but I Ulster were unlucky to miss a bonus point.

**** game. Heaslip, McLaughlin and Cullen turned up for Leinster - the rest of them seemed to be in holiday mode. Jackman was very poor when he came on and looks a spent force. Perhaps missing van der Linde, Hines, Jennings, Sexton and Fitzgerald from the first choice team had just as big a negative effect on Leinster as the lack of Court, Ferris, Humphreys (from the starting lineup), Wallace and Trimble did for Ulster.

Incidently, Shaggy and Darce picked up knocks but seemed to run them off.

Stan trotted off early.

Any word on the injury front. We seem to be losing more and more players.

As well quoted a poor game, it was like Leinster were jus ready for the week holiday most will get while Ulster did well they were never going to make an impact with so many regulars out. Heaslip was the stand-out player. I convinced too Leinster got a dud as the Mike Ross that arrived in Dublin isn't the 1 from last year that was great with Leinster (and i basing it on seen him alot this season). Stan Wright has improved alot but injuries are what Leinster could be hurt by as BOD seemed distracted by a ****le last night too.

I agree with one of the posts above about Mike Ross. He hasn't had anything like the desired impact thus far. His scrummaging has been strong but he's offered nothing, absolutely nothing, outside that facet of the game during the first four months of the season. He's a penalty machine too.

Hopefully he comes good - Michael Cheika has hardly made a poor signing in the last 3 seasons.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Dec 27 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I agree with one of the posts above about Mike Ross. He hasn't had anything like the desired impact thus far. His scrummaging has been strong but he's offered nothing, absolutely nothing, outside that facet of the game during the first four months of the season. He's a penalty machine too.

Hopefully he comes good - Michael Cheika has hardly made a poor signing in the last 3 seasons.[/b]
Snoop wouldn't slam Cheika either if he does become a flop but applaud him as he brought a good irish prospect at prop back within IRFU system which is vital but he just isn't what he was with Quins.

As in last night he came on and came straight in to take scrum-half and should have been binned.

Latest posts