Getofmeland

The Dorset Drinker
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
lewismoodyInterviewA.jpg

The Rugby Forum, was lucky to get an opportunity to catch up with England Captain and Bath Star Lewis Moody, whilst he was promoting the latest iteration of his Rugby Training App for the iPhone. He managed to answer some of the questions put forward to him by our own members.

Amobokoboko - How much of your off field time is going to the development of your app(s)?
Lewis Moody (LM) - It is hard to pinpoint a specific amount of time because the fitness and health content of the app has been drawn from my experience within rugby which has occurred throughout my career. I have had to spend a few days actually filming the app and taking photos of the app, but I am always thinking of new ideas and concepts so that we are constantly updating it and making it better.

Munstermuffin - What is the app about?
LM - It is a rugby specific health and fitness app which details my training techniques to develop various components that are necessary to every rugby player. These include speed, stamina, agility and strength.

TRF_Getofmeland - In Terms of your App, What was the aim/idea behind it?

LM -To help any rugby player, young or old, amateur or professional, to develop all aspects involved in making them get the best out of themselves as a rugby player

TRF_Getofmeland - Is the App available worldwide? If so would you consider promoting it to non rugby countries to develop the game?

LM -The app is available to anyone who owns an iPhone, making it accessible worldwide (and soon it will be on android). It would be great if it contributes to the awareness of rugby in other countries and to also develop the sport in places where it may not be so well known.

Amobokoboko - What made you chose rugby as a sport?
LM - A friend asked me if I wanted to go along with him to mini rugby when I was 5 and it went from there.

big ginger 8 - What gets you pumped up for matches?
LM- Other than the game itself I like to listen to certain music. Foo Fighters are a personal favourite.

seanoc - What made you start playing rugby?
LM - After going along for the first time I just loved the it. I loved the contact and physicality of it as well as running around in the mud.
King_D'Arcy - What is the toughest match you've ever played in?
LM - Playing South Africa is always a very physically tough game. In 2002 when we played Australia we had taken the lead early, they came back within 2 points but we managed to hold them out for the win. That was both physically and mentally draining.

TRF_Cymro - Who was your rugby hero when growing up?
LM - Will Carling

TRF_Olyy - Best/Worst room mate you've had in the England camp(s)?
LM - Best – Steve Thompson, we tend to play a lot of playstation together (which he brings along)
Worst – Martyn Wood – Stag do, worst snorer ever

Easdon - What team do you reckon will cause the biggest upset come the world cup?
LM - I dont think you can pinpoint any team, there is so much talent all over the world and with it being such a pinnacle in the rugby calendar each team will go out and play their best rugby. Any team is a threat!

Easdon - Do you find it tough to relax off the field what with being so intense on it?
LM - Once I am home it is family time and I actually find it very easy to relax and switch off. This is really important otherwise you will become burnt out.

TRF_Getofmeland - Do you have a plan after your Rugby Career, would you consider coaching?
LM - Not really, some ideas. Wait until then......I have always made sure that I have kept myself buys with off the field activity and partnerships during my career so that, hopefully, something will open up when I retire. Got to concentrate on playing for now!

Thanks you to Lewis and the team behind his Rugby Training App for giving us this opportunity to talk to Lewis about it and ask a few other questions. The app, published by ICN, can be downloaded now at the iTunes store http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/lewis-moody-rugby/id426403633?mt=8, priced £3.99

Latest posts