Getofmeland

The Dorset Drinker
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2011 OFFICIAL GAME TAKES FANS INTO THE SCRUM
HB STUDIOS AND 505 GAMES CONVERT EXCLUSIVE LICENCES FOR OFFICIAL RUGBY WORLD CUP 2011 VIDEOGAME

(Milton Keynes) â€" 21, June 2011 â€"
Global video games publisher 505 Games and developer HB Studios have recently announced key licences for inclusion in the upcoming Rugby World Cup 2011 official video game.
The game holds a number of official Union licences, with countries such as England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Italy, France, South Africa, Argentina and Canada being in game with their official Rugby World Cup 2011 playing strips, emblems and many player likenesses. In addition, the agreements contain exclusive licences to feature national stadiums such as Twickenham, Murrayfield, the Millennium Stadium and the redeveloped home of Irish Rugby in Dublin.
Adding to the fever pitch of Rugby World Cup 2011, the game will challenge players to pick from the 20 participating teams and attempt to lead their team through the pool phase, and progress to the Final with the opportunity to lift the prestigious Webb Ellis Cup.
National rivalries, venues and player personalities are perfectly captured as participants will fight for the pride of their nation in either solo play or with up to three other players in local multiplayer matches. For the first time, HB Studios will also give players the chance to fight for the glory of their country online by challenging other players to one-on-one matches on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network and PlayStation®Network.
Rugby World Cup 2011 is the official game of Rugby World Cup 2011 in New Zealand and HB studios and 505 Games have been granted the exclusive rights for the Tournament’s official game by Rugby World Cup Limited (RWCL). “At HB, we feel uniquely placed when it comes to Rugby game development and tying up the official licences has made our dream of creating the definitive, authentic Rugby ***le achievable.†said, Alastair Jarvis - Studio Head at HB Studios.
Rugby World Cup 2011 will offer an unrivalled level of officialdom, capturing both the Tournament and the Game of Rugby like never before by also including a star team of commentators from the world of Rugby in game. Naturally, Stuart Barnes and Miles Harrison head up the UK team. Well-known for their Sky Sports rugby commentary, they have been the voice of Sky’s Rugby coverage for the past two decades, covering all major Rugby matches and Tournaments including Rugby World Cup. Players wanting a bit of Gallic flair on the commentary wings can opt for the French partnership of Philippe Sella and Eric Bayle. Greg Clark and Sean Fitzpatrick make up the contribution from Australia and New Zealand. Clarke is considered to be one of the best callers in Rugby and brings 27 years broadcasting experience to the game whilst, Fitzpatrick is considered to be one of the finest players ever to wear an All Blacks shirt.
“As with any sports ***le, we feel authenticity is key with Rugby World Cup 2011, and with that in mind, the involvement with as many Unions and major personalities as possible from the world of Rugby was an essential element of this ***le,†commented Ian Howe, President, 505 Games.
RWCL Tournament Director Kit McConnell said “The official video game is another fantastic way for fans to get involved with Rugby World Cup 2011 and support their national team. We are delighted to be working with HB Studios and 505 Games on what promises to be a truly authentic game. The Rugby World Cup 2011 official video game will capture the emotion, action, drama and excitement of the biggest sporting event of the year and will give fans the chance to play Rugby before, during and long after the Webb Ellis Cup has been won. It’s a unique chance for fans to control the action on the field and lead their team to Rugby World Cup glory.â€
Rugby World Cup 2011 will be available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system on August 26th 2011. For more information, please visit the official website at www.rwc2011game.com and facebook.com\rwc2011game

burnttoast-image835.jpg

burnttoast-image851.jpg

Exclusive Screenshot - Argentina

Now for the EXCLUSIVE Screenshot for all members of The Rugby Forum:

TRF-ExclusiveArg.jpg
This Image is EXCLUSIVE to The Rugby Forum, Please do not redistribute this image elsewherewithout contacting [email protected] to gain authorisation. The Exclusivity has been granted by 505 Games and HB Studios, it will stay exclusive until it appears on the Official Facebook Page!

What about any of the Pacific teams? Japan, Tonga, Fiji, Samoa any word on them or is this the last licence announcement?

What about USA, I saw their crest in the demo?

Good question. Maybe there will be more announcements, but it is surprising to have seen the crest in the demo and no announcement.

Have they already been announced Charlie? :)

Your right, but I thought it might've been one of those licenses which wasn't exclusive? Not sure though.
Just a quick question, you probaly don't know the answer to but why are most of the licences exclusive?

I believe it's the way that Unions sell them - going off of the email that people who spammed the SA Rugby guy got said

I remember reading (apologies that I can't remember where) that USA are licensed in RC and in RWC as I specifically remember someone commenting saying that it was a good move for US Rugby. Hope this helps! :)

Yeah, i think that there will be a few more licenses announced for both ***les, although it looks like RWC has 10 international teams and the RWC license just based on the demo. But i don't think that these will be exclusive to either game, which is good :) Exclusive licensed are great for the publishers to get one over the opposition but they are crap for the consumers as we now have two incomplete games...

Latest posts