• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lievremont doesn't rate the round balled game

T

Tomsey

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
"I along with the France rugby squad and the Samoans (who they played later that week at the Stade de France) sat in the stands watching," he said at Wednesday's Six Nations launch.

"I have to say that all of us to a man - and I speak for the Samoans as well - were extremely bored and just wanted it to finish."[/b]

Take that soccer fans!!!

SOURCE

When it catches a rhythm soccer is the beautiful game.

Same for RU, but the ugly bits also have great tension - it's the ping pong that lets us down.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jan 28 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
When it catches a rhythm soccer is the beautiful game.

Same for RU, but the ugly bits also have great tension - it's the ping pong that lets us down.[/b]

when denis bergkamp was playing anything could have happenned but since he retired football has changed in my view no players try anything new or spectacular they just dive and act like btiches

Watched the Africa Nations Cup semi today, and i must say, i quite enjoyed it.
Must just be the larger teams/countries that are so boring to watch/such big girls blouses about everything, i saw noone diving, no arseing around, people taking slide tackles like men (just getting up afterwards etc.) and the ball was regularly at either end of the pitch, rather than just milling around the middle for 85mins
Looking forward to the final now

I watched Man Utd v Man City last night. I got bored and started youtubing before it was over.

+1 rep to Lievremont aswell. Soccer is ****. Domenech is a **** coach. Domenech is **** squared by 2

I like Elgringo's theorem...

Should I precise maybe not a theorem but an axiom: He does't give any proof, but nobody can demonstrate the opposite. :p

I just endured the 2nd half of Arsenal v Man Utd... Give me 80 minutes of England v Ireland (Wilkinson and O'Gara included) playing aerial ping-pong instead of 45-minutes of that boring dogshite any day.

Soccer isn't the game i used to watch and love.
There were loads of hard buggers out there, even just over 10 years ago. Now, they are few and far between tainted by the majority of divers trying to get a cheap advantage ruining what used to be a fun game.
I can't even stand to watch most highlights anymore. Just show the goals and that's all i can take.
But everyone's entitled to their likes and dislikes - there must be a reason why it's one of the most popular sports in the world.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Jan 31 2010, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
But everyone's entitled to their likes and dislikes - there must be a reason why it's one of the most popular sports in the world.[/b]

Because we live in a world full of simple minded wimps who only have the mental capacity to watch such a basic and girly sport as soccer.

Stop trying to act superior because you don't like football. We watch a game where one of its notorious facets invloves you shoving your head between two mens buttcoks and gripping the *ahem* inside leg.

Sport is sport, if you don't like it don't watch.

Because we live in a world full of simple minded wimps who only have the mental capacity to watch such a basic and girly sport as soccer.[/b]

:D This guy is so right!

We watch a game where one of its notorious facets invloves you shoving your head between two mens buttcoks and gripping the *ahem* inside leg.[/b]

:D This guy is so right!

Hey feicarsinn don't take it too seriously, it's just that rugby fans have always loved to make fun of football fans. Some football matches have genuinly made me cry of joy, but I think the probability to want to be paid back two hours of your life you just wasted is much much smaller at the end of a rugby game than it is at the end of a football game.

"I think the probability to want to be paid back two hours of your life you just wasted is much much smaller at the end of a rugby game than it is at the end of a football game."

Moreover if you're aware that the ones on the field are paid for these two hours the price you'll be paid for your all life...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Jan 31 2010, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
"I think the probability to want to be paid back two hours of your life you just wasted is much much smaller at the end of a rugby game than it is at the end of a football game."

Moreover if you're aware that the ones on the field are paid for these two hours the price you'll be paid for your all life...[/b]

Yea :( .
Here's hoping that rugby never becomes like that. I know it's taking this direction too but i have faith that the rugby spirit is fundamentally different from that of football. To that extent I am a bit torn apart by the top 14. Of course I'm thrilled that we have all these stars and spectacle but at the same time I think our championship is paving the way to super high salaries and international nonsense with more players of a traditional small city of the south of france coming from the other side of the world than from the city itself!

Still, even if rugby starts to suck ass in terms of spirit, the sport itself will always be 10 times more enjoyable to watch (and play as long as I can) than football!!

Latest posts