• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Life after Eddie …

Bit more interesting imo is that in the GBR podcast's interview with Ellis Genge, he insists the team is fine, just a few percent off top performances, there's no unhappiness, etc. He may just be sticking to the party line, but if not I wonder if there's a split between the doubters and the believers/those with Stockholm syndrome.
Of course he's sticking to the party line, and he should. He'll have had the media training, but unless you're whistle blowing a crime or something it's a pretty straightforward principle that you don't **** on your boss / employer in public and similarly the coach shouldn't publicly **** on the players either, although Jones holds the whip hand as he can finish a player's international career and kill his earnings potential on a whim. Behind closed doors it might be very different.

As for a few percent off, at elite level that's the difference between winning and nowhere.

Gat.s is not a short-term fixer; there's still a chance that Eddies plans may actually come to fruition.
I think I've just had an epiphany.

Is Eddie Jones' master plan to make England so bad he can then use his fixing skills to turn it around again? Play to his strengths?

Eddie Jones to be replaced for the 6N by Jeddie Ones, a short, bald Australian with a large fake moustache - I'm calling it now.

I think I've just had an epiphany.

Is Eddie Jones' master plan to make England so bad he can then use his fixing skills to turn it around again? Play to his strengths?

Eddie Jones to be replaced for the 6N by Jeddie Ones, a short, bald Australian with a large fake moustache - I'm calling it now.

Return of the Jeddie?

May 4th be with you.

With LCD heading to Montpelier after the RWC and George turning 33 during it there's a big headache at hooker for the new coach and a massive chance for someone to charge through and claim the shirt. But who?

For me it should be Walker, Dolly and Langdon, but will probably be Singleton and Blamire

TBF I don't really know who any of the young options coming through atm are - feels like most players I can think of who are playing there in the Prem atm will be on the wrong side of 30 or aren't English

Think Quins have some good young players (Musk?), and maybe Sarries too?

For me it should be Walker, Dolly and Langdon, but will probably be Singleton and Blamire

TBF I don't really know who any of the young options coming through atm are - feels like most players I can think of who are playing there in the Prem atm will be on the wrong side of 30 or aren't English

Think Quins have some good young players (Musk?), and maybe Sarries too?
Really depends on what style the next coach wants to run with as well. I would probably bet George keeps going, coachign changes are weird you often have the next guy picking the same players as the guy before.

Really depends on what style the next coach wants to run with as well. I would probably bet George keeps going, coachign changes are weird you often have the next guy picking the same players as the guy before.
On George, if he's good enough he's young enough. So dont mind him being kept on while we find replacememnts. His form never dipped and his arrows definatly havnt

With LCD heading to Montpelier after the RWC and George turning 33 during it there's a big headache at hooker for the new coach and a massive chance for someone to charge through and claim the shirt. But who?
Our young Falcon Ollie Fletcher (England U20 last season, John Fletchers son) is a powerhouse who can also do the key hooker skills well. Tackles like a tank. He'll over take Blamire soon for us and McGuigan in time. i suspect he'll be worth watching...

We also have another young hooker in the same build called Charlie Smith.....in the England U18's with huge potential.

Our young Falcon Ollie Fletcher (England U20 last season, John Fletchers son) is a powerhouse who can also do the key hooker skills well. Tackles like a tank. He'll over take Blamire soon for us and McGuigan in time. i suspect he'll be worth watching...

We also have another young hooker in the same build called Charlie Smith.....in the England U18's with huge potential.
Yeah, but they're not going to want to travel to England training sessions :)

Good to hear.

I think its great for the falcons lads to be in the England squad...they can only be learning so much.

My frustration is purely that Radwan is the type of player who can make things happen from nothing. Everyone wets themsevles over Kolbe and this new lad Ardense (whatever hes called) yet we have our own version...in the squad standing holding the tackle bags!!

On George, if he's good enough he's young enough. So dont mind him being kept on while we find replacememnts. His form never dipped and his arrows definatly havnt
His basics are good which is the main thing and he's solid. Won't let you down.

But he doesn't really add that much more now - other countries are fielding more powerful and / or dynamic players in open play.

TBH I think he'll probably see the RWC as a natural watershed, especially if we do well. Either way I'd want us to be moving on fairly quickly post RWC, getting good experience into whoever's next in line.

Ive said a few timers on here...if a player is good enough age isnt an issue...now that goes for youth but also older players.

Jamie George is a cracking player. If he is still performing post WC...then why move him on? He'll be a great mentor for the young kids aswell...

McGuigan is only 29, so would surely be fine for a 4 year cycle..?

Theo Dan is 21, but there seem to be a lot of 'very talented, promising but not quite ready to be an international in a year's time' hookers.

Ive said a few timers on here...if a player is good enough age isnt an issue...now that goes for youth but also older players.

Jamie George is a cracking player. If he is still performing post WC...then why move him on? He'll be a great mentor for the young kids aswell...
Generally agree, except that he'll be 33, so decline will be coming - player specific, but it can come pretty rapidly.

Plus it takes a while for new front rowers to really bed in at international level. Depends really on how the next generation are getting on.

As I say though I suspect he may take the decision himself especially if there's a nice little pension top up waiting in France or Japan.

Latest posts