• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions 2009

D

Dream

This is the side i would like to see there next year. Based on club & international form and a bit of personal bias
British and Irish Lions for South Africa,

Back three: Josh Lewsey (E), Lee Byrne (W), Chris Ashton (E), Paul Sackey (E), Shane Williams (W), Robert Kearney (I).
Centres: Tom Shanklin (W), Gavin Henson (W), Mike Tindall (E), Toby Flood (E).
Fly halves: James Hook (W), Ronan O'Gara (I), Danny Cipriani (E).

Scrum halves: Mike Phillips (W), Eoin Reddan (I), Harry Ellis (E).

Props: Andrew Sheridan (E), Gethin Jenkins (W), Matt Stephens (W), Euan Murray (S), Adam Jones (W).

Hookers: Dylan Hartley (E), Huw Bennett (W), Jerry Flannery (I).

Locks: Donncha O'Callaghan (I), Ian Gough (W), Simon Shaw (E), Alun-Wyn Jones (W), Ian Evans (W).

Back row: Tom Croft (E), James Haskell (E), Ryan Jones (W, captain), Jamie Heaslip (I), Lewis Moody (E), Jason White (S), Martyn Williams (W).

Not bad but O'Driscoll will tour and there's a fair chance he'll be captain as well, Ellis has no place on that list, to say he's shite is putting it mildly, Blair should be in there. Other than that not too many complaints.

Yeah, on the scrum halves, what about Mike Blair? Chris Cusiter? Dwayne Peel? Even Danny Care?! Forget about Ellis & Phillips and just take Blair and Cusiter instead.

As a Quins fan I've liked what I have seen of Care. See how he fares in the summer and autumn if, which he should, is called up. I like Blair and Cusiter too, i think the scrum half positions are wide open. Peel moving to Sale might get him playing back at the level he was 2005..as long as Gomarsall isn't selected i'll be happy!!

I know what you mean about Care, I've been banging on about him for the past 3 years now.

I would definetely have Mike Blair in as has already been said, Cusiter,Peel or Lawson possibly to.

Atleast one of the Lamont brothers, other than that looks pretty good.

:bana:

I know what you mean about Care, I've been banging on about him for the past 3 years now. [/b]

lalalalalalala, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

EDIT: I say we take only one fly-half and make that one fly-half Dan Parks. Simply for comedy value if for nothing else.

Wouldn't forget Strettle. If the frilly sollix can stay injury free for more the four minutes he's a shoe in. Blair of course and O'Driscoll and O'Connell will tour injury permitting.

Other then that, you'd have to say Peel, Webster & Leamy would probably be there or there abouts.

The Lamont twins too, fitness permitting. Rob Kearney too...how many planes are we going to need for this?!

I'd take Phillips because he gives a different option at number 9 from the other candidates. No other 9 would have made that trysaving tackle that he did against Ireland. His size will be useful against SA.

I'd take Phillips because he gives a different option at number 9 from the other candidates. No other 9 would have made that trysaving tackle that he did against Ireland. His size will be useful against SA.
[/b]

yeah but his indiscipline will probably cost him a test place.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

yeah but his indiscipline will probably cost him a test place.
[/b][/quote]

Edwards will sort that out between now and the tour.

I doubt that, also, as well as indicipline, he makes really dopey decisions and doesn't really do the actual scrum-half bit of his...er..scrum-half job very well.

I'd still take Blair, Peel & Reddan. Far higher quality.

I doubt that, also, as well as indicipline, he makes really dopey decisions and doesn't really do the actual scrum-half bit of his...er..scrum-half job very well.

I'd still take Blair, Peel & Reddan. Far higher quality.
[/b]

I'd take Reddan, Peel & Phillips.

Just a pity from an English point of view that I can't in all honesty put forth an English scrum-half.

I like Ellis but I seem to be the only one? and it's probably too soon for Care who shows a lot of promise.

Explain to me why you would not take probably the most on form and best scrum-half in the home nations today?

Explain to me why you would not take probably the most on form and best scrum-half in the home nations today?
[/b]

cause this is a Lions tour and form has no place in any selection policy!

Can the lions tour Japan instead?

I'd love to see the Japanese make Phillips look like an utter tool. Again.

[/b]

Blair?

Personal opinion mate. If I was choosing the side I wouldn't pick him.

I've seen nothing from him to excite me. He's safe and reliable but I just can't get excited about him. I like my scrum halves to be unpredictable, nasty and to possess a certain X factor.
I don't want to give you a heart attack but I actually prefer Cussiter.

casualty-care_clip_image004.jpg

Latest posts