• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions 2009

<div class='quotemain'>
jake white should be the coach
[/b]

he's too busy whoring himself for the England job.
[/b][/quote]

Yea, it baffles me why he wants the job so much :huh:

Ive been away for a while but Ricky Flutey is one of the best inside centres around. He`ll be English qualified after the summer and he`s as English as Vainikolo. Him and Tindall would be excellent together.

Ive been away for a while but Ricky Flutey is one of the best inside centres around. He`ll be English qualified after the summer and he`s as English as Vainikolo. Him and Tindall would be excellent together.
[/b]

For the Lions or for England???

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

For the Lions or for England???
[/b][/quote]

I think Flutey if qualified would walk into a lions jersey at 12. With Tindall I was thinking more of England but you never know.(he will tour if fit)

Tarbh: For England, obviously. At the moment there's no way either Flutey or Tindall would get into the Lions squad. Heck, even Noon has a better chance!

Tarbh: For England, obviously. At the moment there's no way either Flutey or Tindall would get into the Lions squad. Heck, even Noon has a better chance!
[/b]
If Noon has a chance of touring we are in big trouble. The way I see it is northern hemisphere rugby is in pretty bad health at the moment and the chance of us putting out a decent lions team is remote. This tends to happen every few tours then a group of top players come along all at once and we all think everything is rosey. The only saving grace is we are playing South Africa and not New Zealand, this is not to discredit the Boks but I feel with the noises coming from the new coach over black players and how we will see some surprise names in the new Boks squad is all good for both Wales and the lions.

I think Flutey if qualified would walk into a lions jersey at 12.[/b]

Walk in?

A certain Gordon and Gavin would have a problem with that, any day of the week.

Oh would you ever give it up about Matt Williams, you're like a stuck record, we get it you don't rate it, no need to tell us in every second post. [/b]

Did I ever tell you about the time Matt Williams, Dan Parks and Mike Phillips couldn't change a light-bulb because they are the epitome of incompetence?

<div class='quotemain'>

Oh would you ever give it up about Matt Williams, you're like a stuck record, we get it you don't rate it, no need to tell us in every second post. [/b]

Did I ever tell you about the time Matt Williams, Dan Parks and Mike Phillips couldn't change a light-bulb because they are the epitome of incompetence?
[/b][/quote]

No but I'm sure you will again given half the chance!!!

The scrum half position will be the real battle i think between

Blair, Phillips, Peel (if regains form now that Phillips is out for a while) and Ellis (if back to best)

But hey a year away, Reddan, Wigglesworth and Stringer could come good as well.
The lions wont be lacking any talent in the half backs...

Oh, and why the hell dont England drop Wilkinson for Goode? He showed in the EDF he could teach that youngster Cip a few things..

<div class='quotemain'> I think Flutey if qualified would walk into a lions jersey at 12.[/b]

Walk in?

[/b][/quote]

Hold the phone - you guys are actually debating about Riki Fluey - Wellington's answer to Tasea Lavea - being good enough to play for the Lions?

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> I think Flutey if qualified would walk into a lions jersey at 12.[/b]

Walk in?

[/b][/quote]

Hold the phone - you guys are actually debating about Riki Fluey - Wellington's answer to Tasea Lavea - being good enough to play for the Lions? [/b][/quote]

Why stop there? Glenn Jackson is but a couple of months from UK citizenship too! Maybe Bruce "510%" Reihanna might be tempted as well if he hasn't played for New Zealand at any level in the past...

May as well just go to the TAB and see what the odds of a Bokke cleansweep are.

Why not hit up Regan "Bestest NZ centre evar!" King while your at it

But hey a year away, Reddan, Wigglesworth and Stringer could come good as well.
The lions wont be lacking any talent in the half backs...

[/b]

Stringer?

Peter Stringer?

Peter Stringer who plays for Munster?

Peter Stringer who plays for Munster and Ireland and jumps about the place like a 2 year old when things don't go his way?

Peter Stringer who plays for Munster and Ireland and jumps about the place like a 2 year old when things don't go his way and tries to influence the referee and takes 4 steps before he passes to the outside half?

I don't think so.

Strockhosh (sp?) should for sure be in the squad at some time, that's one of my many 2 pences.

Strockhosh (sp?) should for sure be in the squad at some time, that's one of my many 2 pences.
[/b]
He`s a good tackler but lacks any real class, I know cos I watch him week in and out.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
He`s a good tackler but lacks any real class, I know cos I watch him week in and out.
[/b][/quote]

What do you define as class then in a back rower?

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

What do you define as class then in a back rower? [/b][/quote]

Knowing Danny and how he rate's players (Apparently lineout ability has no bearing on how good a lock is), probably his drop kicking skill's

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

What do you define as class then in a back rower? [/b][/quote]

Knowing Danny and how he rate's players (Apparently lineout ability has no bearing on how good a lock is), probably his drop kicking skill's
[/b][/quote]

John Eales it is then :p

Latest posts