• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions 2009

<div class='quotemain'>

It happened last time we toured SA:

Wikipedia, Will Greenwood
"Despite some impressive performances for Leicester in 1997, he was overlooked by the England coach Jack Rowell, but was selected for the 1997 British Lions tour to South Africa still uncapped, and ahead of then England captain Phil de Glanville. "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Greenwood

Although saying that, I'm not sure if he played in the tests, damn. :wall: [/b]

Jesus Nick, get with the program. He was a 'Quin, of course he isn't going to get capped!!!
[/b][/quote]

<_< fair point

O'Connell maybe? Throw O'Driscoll in there too. He is just immense. Think they should bring luke Fitzgerald maybe as well.

Well Cipriani would have been a shoe in for the no 10 spot but now with his injury its doubtful. Will Geech go with ROG or Hook?

Well Cipriani would have been a shoe in for the no 10 spot but now with his injury its doubtful. Will Geech go with ROG or Hook? [/b]

Hes got an uphill battle to get fit, yes 6 months out but he has to work his nads off. Don't right him off tho!

<div class='quotemain'> Well Cipriani would have been a shoe in for the no 10 spot but now with his injury its doubtful. Will Geech go with ROG or Hook? [/b]

Hes got an uphill battle to get fit, yes 6 months out but he has to work his nads off. Don't right him off tho!
[/b][/quote]

6 months wuld take us up to about November/December time, meaning that he has the 6 nations to prove himself.

Failing him being there (which i supremely doubt i'm afraid) I think Hook would be the better choice. To me, he seems more dangerous with the ball in hand as well as having the ability to launch a quick attack utilising the back line. Although saying that, would O Gara have been able to do that if he had a host of quality backs outside him? mmmmmm :unknw:

Isn't it usually around October/November? I know its going to have HSBC scrawled across the middle this time!

Isn't it usually around October/November? I know its going to have HSBC scrawled across the middle this time! [/b]
lionstour2001_howleyodriscoll.jpg

2451160436679.jpg

Personally I preffered the 2001 Kit to the 2005.

<div class='quotemain'> Isn't it usually around October/November? I know its going to have HSBC scrawled across the middle this time! [/b]
lionstour2001_howleyodriscoll.jpg

2451160436679.jpg

Personally I preffered the 2001 Kit to the 2005.
[/b][/quote]

So did many, I also liked the 1997 one!

I always look forward to the new kit coming out and am one of the first to own one. The only problem is every other rugby fan seems to be wearing one too. Thats why I prefer the more obscure shirts.

I always look forward to the new kit coming out and am one of the first to own one. The only problem is every other rugby fan seems to be wearing one too. Thats why I prefer the more obscure shirts.
[/b]
Want me to ship you one from the mighty Force? :D

What's the bet they will make it some space age looking jersey that everyone will hate?

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

What's the bet they will make it some space age looking jersey that everyone will hate?
[/b][/quote]
Il pass on that one mate. I cant talk my team Gloucester have a reputation for producing the worst jerseys around. Perhaps we could swap. Mines a XXL(or fat ******* size).

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

What's the bet they will make it some space age looking jersey that everyone will hate? [/b][/quote]

Geech is not like Woodward :D

I remember after the Lions flopped against New Zealand they couldnt get rid of Lions shirts. Within weeks of the final test match in sports world they were a tenner :lol:

I remember after the Lions flopped against New Zealand they couldnt get rid of Lions shirts. Within weeks of the final test match in sports world they were a tenner :lol:
[/b]
Haha, yeah, I went to New Zealand to see the family I think about two years after the tour and there was a whole rack of British Lions jerseys dirt cheap, it was bizarre..

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

What's the bet they will make it some space age looking jersey that everyone will hate? [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Yeah he has never won the world cup.

do you guys know who's going to be in the squad for the lions this year ?
[/b]
Its 2009, so no-one knows. Do they????

id like to see O'Driscoll do rely well in the lions tour and hopefully lead them to victory along with jonny wilkinson its about time these lions perform

id like to see O'Driscoll do rely well in the lions tour and hopefully lead them to victory along with jonny wilkinson its about time these lions perform
[/b]

Times change, if anyone leads them it will be Jones etc..

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Yeah he has never won the world cup.

do you guys know who's going to be in the squad for the lions this year ?
[/b]
Its 2009, so no-one knows. Do they???? [/b][/quote]

Yea but Geech won two lions tours! And wants a third

Latest posts