Lions fan zone

madaboutrugby

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Pontypridd
Hi,
Does anyone know if there will be fan zones in Wellington and Auckland for fans not on organised tours in case I am unsuccessful in getting test tickets.
Cheers

Yes, there are going to be Fan Zones in a number of cities/towns. The Wellington Fan Zone is going to be in Odlins Plaza, near Frank Kitts Lagoon on the Wellington Waterfront (about 2kms from the WestPac Stadium). The cities/towns who have asked Sky TV for outside public broadcasting rights are Whangarei, Auckland, Hamilton, Rotorua, Wellington and Christchurch. But Sky TV hasn't responded yet, as they appear to be waiting until all the games are sold out first! No surprises there :)

Really looking forward to the tour. 1st Time visiting NZ.

You'll love it. I emigrated here 9 years ago and plan to stay for good.

Fan Zone

Yes, there are going to be Fan Zones in a number of cities/towns. The Wellington Fan Zone is going to be in Odlins Plaza, near Frank Kitts Lagoon on the Wellington Waterfront (about 2kms from the WestPac Stadium). The cities/towns who have asked Sky TV for outside public broadcasting rights are Whangarei, Auckland, Hamilton, Rotorua, Wellington and Christchurch. But Sky TV hasn't responded yet, as they appear to be waiting until all the games are sold out first! No surprises there :)
Thank you Stuimpey for your reply, I will check closer to date, I am looking forward to my first visit to NZ and a great test series.

You'll be well treated by the locals.
Does anyone know which part of Eden Park the Lions fans will be sitting? I'm trying to buy tickets and some sites offer which stand - north, south etc - to choose. I want to be right in the mix with my wife as we're on our honeymoon. It's what she would want after all...

Does anyone know which part of Eden Park the Lions fans will be sitting? I'm trying to buy tickets and some sites offer which stand - north, south etc - to choose. I want to be right in the mix with my wife as we're on our honeymoon. It's what she would want after all...
...I'm referring to the game against the Blues on June 7th June. Cheers

The weather will be a bit iffy but if you get a chance, if you go to the Waitomo Caves, definitely go Black Water rafting

Hi,
We are looking to rent our house out during the Wellington tour as we will be out of town during the games. Can you suggest any forums for people seeking accommodation for the Lions tour? Thanks in advance, enjoy the games!

Hi,
We are looking to rent our house out during the Wellington tour as we will be out of town during the games. Can you suggest any forums for people seeking accommodation for the Lions tour? We have tried a few local sites with no luck and we keep seeing in the news that fans will be flyimg out post games due to lack of hotels!
Our house sleeps 7!
Thanks in advance, enjoy the games!

Fantastic, looking to see as much of the country as possible in my 3 week visit.
Hi,
We are looking to rent our house out during the Wellington tour as we will be out of town during the games. Can you suggest any forums for people seeking accommodation for the Lions tour? We have tried a few local sites with no luck and keep seeing that fans are flying out post match due to lack of hotels! Our home sleeps 7!
Thanks in advance, enjoy the games!

Latest posts