• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions Tickets Murrayfield Junev2021

Patsie

Academy Player
Some thoughts on to-days ticket allocation for Murrayfield, we purchased 4 on 3rd November 2020 adult Lions group 2 and today we not allocated any tickets very disappointing but it does raise some questions
1. Why in the middle of a pandemic was the statism sold out - yes we do need to look forward to normality but surely a more cautious approach could have been taken
2. Yes it does say in the terms of conditions we signed up to that booking fees would not be refunded - however these are not "normal" times and it was not our choice to cancel the tickets as per my first point a sell out in uncertain pandemic times when it was a strong possibility that numbers would be limited.
3. We were also notified that the cancellations would be group 4, then group 3, group2 and finally group 1 - it appears not to the case and I suspect the corporates have won the day not the grass root supporters.
4. If I thought our booking fees were going back to support rugby I would not mind however this is not the case they are going to ticketmaster profits no doubt who have had our money since November they win in all ways.

The real disappointment is the treatment of real fans , my fear is rugby becomes like football all about money .

1. Why not? Other than a bit of admin if it didn't work out, there was no disincentive for the vendor not to do this.
2. Dirty trick.
3. I don't know what these groups relate to. Are you saying that tickets from higher numbered groups haven't been cancelled? Given the price, I'd have thought that all corporate tickets would have been considered "group 1".
4. In a world full of brilliant open source solutions, it's mad that so many event organisers are beholden to Ticketmaster.

International tickets have been like gold dust (in England anyway) as long as I can remember. On balance, I prefer the current situation where the stadium is full of people paying handsomely to subsidise the game than years gone by when it was full of alikadoos who knew the right people to talk to about tickets.

The groups refer to when tickets were released , group 1 was first release etc. The cancellation were to start in group 4 but that I guess is immaterial as someone was going to be disappointed no matter what.
International tickets are hard to get, however the Scotland scheme of buying a season pass works well. Ireland & Wales tickets are only available through clubs and Ireland have 5/10 year tickets available.

Latest posts