• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions v Force

V

Vambo

I don't think the ref is gonna be on the Lions xmas card list after pulling back what was a certain try with a bad call.
He's not on mine neither 'cos I'd tipped the Lions to win by -12 and they might have pulled off the win if that try had been scored :hunt: :hunt:

I don't think the ref is gonna be on the Lions xmas card list after pulling back what was a certain try with a bad call.
He's not on mine neither 'cos I'd tipped the Lions to win by -12 and they might have pulled off the win if that try had been scored :hunt: :hunt:
[/b]
The ref had a bad game for pretty much both teams...he is the same bloke that took the Force in round 1 and called the play back for no reason when Hodgson scored to draw the game...despite the win I am incredibly ****** off at what happened in the game...the game was allowed to turn into an absolute shambles, parts of it looked like tag rugby, the type you played when you were 6 or something....

I think if the Lions would have been up the Force would have risen to the occasion...despite probably the worst game they have played all season they looked like at the end they were just killing time a little bit...playing safe rugby.....serves you right for betting against the mighty Force :)

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
The ref had a bad game for pretty much both teams...he is the same bloke that took the Force in round 1 and called the play back for no reason when Hodgson scored to draw the game...despite the win I am incredibly ****** off at what happened in the game...the game was allowed to turn into an absolute shambles, parts of it looked like tag rugby, the type you played when you were 6 or something....

I think if the Lions would have been up the Force would have risen to the occasion...despite probably the worst game they have played all season they looked like at the end they were just killing time a little bit...playing safe rugby.....serves you right for betting against the mighty Force :)
[/b][/quote]

Yeah not a great game and I'm sure the Force had another couple of gears they could have gone up if needed. I thought the Lions were very sloppy in possession with far too many forced and wayward passes. They could still have nicked it at the end but gave up the ball to Cross.

Yeah not a great game and I'm sure the Force had another couple of gears they could have gone up if needed. I thought the Lions were very sloppy in possession with far too many forced and wayward passes. They could still have nicked it at the end but gave up the ball to Cross.
[/b]
To be honest, I am glad we got through this game with a win, as it seems Mitch was largely experimenting, for example look how much better the scrum was when they brought on the first choice front rowers...it was by no means our first team but unearthed and gave time to some of the new talent....so hopefully next game versus the Saders at Subi we'll finally let loose some of the play which has been hinted at in very small pieces the last few weeks....

As for the Lions, they were the only Saffa team we haven't beaten, well now that's over and done with, now to win in New Zealand!

I thought Cross looked good. Very dangerous with the ball hand. It was not a great game and too stop-start.

Didn't watch the game, and quite frankly now aren't too keen to do so. Either way though, good job to the force, a record like that in SA is something to be proud of.

I wonder how all the SA expats living in WA feel about these fixtures. I heard they were a select market which has really bolstered Force revenue.

The ref gave the Lions a try and stole one from them. He had given the Force advantage for an infringement at a lineout and then called advantage over when all they'd done was shuffle ball across 2 players 10 metres behind the call. The Lions then immediately charged down the kick and scored. At the other end, there was nothing near a knock-on in that try. Force looked very dangerous but just pushed the pass a bit too much.

Didn't watch the game, and quite frankly now aren't too keen to do so. Either way though, good job to the force, a record like that in SA is something to be proud of.

I wonder how all the SA expats living in WA feel about these fixtures. I heard they were a select market which has really bolstered Force revenue.
[/b]
The first half is worth watching....second half is just drudgery...only one penalty was scored....

The propoganda about the Saffa contribution to the Force is basically made up by your media...there have been studies done and if I remember correctly Australians are the far greater proportion followed by Kiwis then Saffas...

I think the huge Saffa population that apparently lives here don't even turn up when thier own teams come and play here....

The game was an eye sore compared to the quality of the canes and chiefs game. Maybe kafer and kearnsey are right when they say the quality of the rugby tends to drop considerably when an aussie team is playing. We'll take the win tho!

The game was an eye sore compared to the quality of the canes and chiefs game. Maybe kafer and kearnsey are right when they say the quality of the rugby tends to drop considerably when an aussie team is playing. We'll take the win tho!
[/b]

What? You're telling me that Kafer and Kearns actually admitted Aussie rugby is sub par to watch? I'd never have thought to see the day that happened, and I've heard them commentating on countless occasions.

The Force didn't impress me at all with this game. It was a must-win for them and, well, they didn't show up at all in the second half. Too many mistakes and missed passes cost them a game which, if they'd executed simple things, they would have won handily, I think. While the ref didn't do them any favors, I don't think the loss can be pinned on him.

the 2nd half was a waste of 40mins of my precious beer time.
Never again.
[/b]
As noted by a poster on the Force forum, which I also noted, is that Giteau was hit hard at some point, I think sometime int he first half, and was really not in the game for the rest of it, and that's prety much when our scoring stopped...I think his spark lost along with the abysmal ELV implementation made it a very dry second half....

But at least we are toughing out these close games....we used to fall away alot in previous years...just wait until we get our shiz together and get our first team on the pitch....

I only started watching after 20 or so minutes (the score was 16-15 I think) and it was five minutes before i saw giteau as he was on the sideline for treatment... don't know what happend to him.

I only started watching after 20 or so minutes (the score was 16-15 I think) and it was five minutes before i saw giteau as he was on the sideline for treatment... don't know what happend to him.
[/b]
There was an article in the paper today and apparently after Horua's try Giteau recieved a big knock and doesn't remember the rest of the game...so I think at this point he was pretty crook....and this coincided with the break down of any attacking play...

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
There was an article in the paper today and apparently after Horua's try Giteau recieved a big knock and doesn't remember the rest of the game...so I think at this point he was pretty crook....and this coincided with the break down of any attacking play...
[/b][/quote]

Sounds like the Force would be screwed if Giteau picks up an injury!

Sounds like the Force would be screwed if Giteau picks up an injury!
[/b]
Well I think the fact that the Force won this game despite Giteau still being on the field and basically out of action shows that they will find it difficult but can still finish the job....I mean, if Hilgendorf was fit we could have taken off Giteau and probably finished the game better then we did last night....we were one man down most of the night....

Latest posts