• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions v Reds

M

mackka

I hate to say this but the Reds were severely f***ed by the reffrying. The Reds were clearly the better side for most of the match but they were denied some great attacking opportunities.

Could the ref please call offside?

Seemed like they were lucky with a last minute try and another try given away by the Lions at the beginning of the second half.

I hate to say this but the Reds were severely f***ed by the reffrying. The Reds were clearly the better side for most of the match but they were denied some great attacking opportunities.

Could the ref please call offside?
[/b]
Hehe, the Reds are the new Force (season 1) :)

WHAT A FAST GAME!! I'm surprised there were so few tries. Some desperate defense by the Reds kept a rampant Lions out in the first half. The Reds also made some mistakes at critical times. No team won - but to use a immortal cliche - "Rugby was the winner". :cheers:

The ref was terrible, highlight of the night being a scrum reset that lasted over two minutes of the last fifteen minutes of the game. He also gave out about three short arm penalties, the rest were long arm, slowing down the game and gifting both teams with 3 for menial crap.

The Reds backline looked superior with ball in hand, so long as they could string some phases together. They obviously had the plan to throw the ball around as much as possible and test the Lions' fitness and drift defense. Unfortunately for them the Lions were fit and their drift was excellent, which just made Reds players who were under pressure throw 50/50 passes. Also, because they were constantly in an offload position in the tackle their ball security was *****, and it showed.

Lions dominated the breakdown I thought, their loose forwards were far superior. Reds have to clean their act up around the breakdown and learn some patience in the backs.

Also Turinui was being a tard all game.

Turinui has been lazy in defense this season. He has great attacking skills - but he is not looking for the ball like Latham is......

Latest posts