Lions vs Force

Discussion in 'Super Rugby' started by munross, Apr 24, 2009.

1. munross

munross Guest

Very poor performance by the Lions, giving away 2 penalty tries...WTF???

Force still have a slim chance to make the semi's now

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Fushitsusha

Fushitsusha Guest

That's a fair spanking by the Force...

Hopefully the Brumbies and Force can both make the finals... or at least Deans recognises that these are the two teams to base the Wallabies on...

4. Haj

Haj Guest

Great game by the force. Good to see JOC having a bit of fire under his belly and firing up against a bloke twice his size........im praying we can hang on to the young fella atm!

5. Fushitsusha

Fushitsusha Guest

The Brumbies really want him to play fullback...

But honestly, I'd rather he continue to develop at inside centre, and Brumbies have more than enough quality centres... they should really take advantage of the marquee system and poach a good fullback/winger from overseas...

6. QLD

QLD Guest

Who do you think will have the better SA tour, Waratahs or Force?

7. BLR

BLR Guest

Hehe, I bet all the suckers leaving the Force are thinking twice about it now.

8. Haj

Haj Guest

Ha ha ha! thats exactly what i was thinking!

9. woohoo

woohoo Guest

i'm a huge fan of the forces' current backline...such a pity its being dismantled next year...

10. Fushitsusha

Fushitsusha Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BLR @ Apr 25 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Probably not... the Force backline can't function without Giteau...

11. BLR

BLR Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Apr 27 2009, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Hahaha, Giteau, the almighty lord of rugby!

I have a feeling you pick and choose the stories in the rags that suit you perfectly.

Giteau isn't the be all and end all of our team.

The Force will be fine without Giteau and the Brumbies will not instantly win a championship because of Giteau's presence.

12. Fushitsusha

Fushitsusha Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BLR @ Apr 27 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I have a feeling you pick and choose the stories in the rags that suit you perfectly.
    [/b][/quote]

:lol:

Anyways, Josh Valentine is apparently now expected to sign with the Brumbies for next season...

I'd prefer if we signed up a decent winger first...

13. Woldog

Woldog Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Lies and slander.

14. Haj

Haj Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Apr 29 2009, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]

Anyways, Josh Valentine is apparently now expected to sign with the Brumbies for next season...

[/b][/quote]

I hear brumbies are looking to sign terry campese as well. I think campese would be a great player but do the brumbies have any room for all these players like him (and james occonor , valentine etc etc )they wanna sign?
    Giteaus certainly leaves a big hole in the Force backline but from what Ive seen of the brumbies backline this year, it will take more then giteau magic to get it firing. Mortlock is out of sorts and is being dropped back to the wing and AAC really hasnt done nothing and ill be ****** if he makes it back on the wallabies squad this year.

15. Fushitsusha

Fushitsusha Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haj @ Apr 29 2009, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I hear brumbies are looking to sign terry campese as well. I think campese would be a great player but do the brumbies have any room for all these players like him (and james occonor , valentine etc etc )they wanna sign?
    Giteaus certainly leaves a big hole in the Force backline but from what Ive seen of the brumbies backline this year, it will take more then giteau magic to get it firing. Mortlock is out of sorts and is being dropped back to the wing and AAC really hasnt done nothing and ill be ****** if he makes it back on the wallabies squad this year.
    [/b][/quote]

There's a few teams chasing Campese, but I hope he stays with the Raiders...

The Brumbies certainly have more than enough quality inside backs, but now with Gerrard going next year the back three doesn't look very solid... Mafi has potential but his ball handling is nearly as bad as Timani's - another disappointment for the year...

Mortlock has had some stellar games mixed in with some pretty ordinary performances (woeful last week, but all the Brumbies were woeful last week)... however, I don't think his Super 14 form was too crash hot in the past couple of years either but he still manages to shine for the Wallabies... I think shifting him to the wing has more to do with the fact that the Brumbies are better off playing Fairbanks and Smith in the centres than starting with one of our many underperforming wings... I also have a feeling that AAC might still make the Wallabies due to his utility factor despite having a pretty 'nothing' season... I'm surprised Friend didn't give him a shot at inside centre after his performance against the Barbarians last year...

Of course, Giteau won't magically fix everything but he'll definitely organise the backline a lot better and provide more consistency than Lealiifano...

Anyways, the Force's backline won't completely implode as long as they find a decent flyhalf to replace Giteau...

Right now I wish the Brumbies had XV Ben Alexanders... :lol:

16. Haj

Haj Guest

Yeah im pretty amazed it took as long as it did to eventually start him(alexander)
    He'll be pushing benn robinson for a start in the wallabies with his form!

17. Haj

Haj Guest

Give Timani a bit more time. He was excellent for the perth spirit during the ARC. With all the hype earlier in the year i felt he was trying too hard.

18. BLR

BLR Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Apr 29 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Anyways, the Force's backline won't completely implode as long as they find a decent flyhalf to replace Giteau...[/b][/quote]
    Is that a slight back pedal? ;)

With all these players the Brumbies are supposedly chasing where are they getting the money from? Are they going to be the next Tahs, warehousing talent just for the sake of it while in the end simply hurting Australian rugby as a whole? I hope if they do buy up a bunch of players they will release players they probably don't need.

19. Fushitsusha

Fushitsusha Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BLR @ Apr 29 2009, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Anyways, the Force's backline won't completely implode as long as they find a decent flyhalf to replace Giteau...[/b][/quote]
    Is that a slight back pedal? ;)

With all these players the Brumbies are supposedly chasing where are they getting the money from? Are they going to be the next Tahs, warehousing talent just for the sake of it while in the end simply hurting Australian rugby as a whole? I hope if they do buy up a bunch of players they will release players they probably don't need.
    [/b][/quote]

No back pedalling there... I think the Force are lucky that the ARU have introduced this marquee player rule... otherwise I think they would be seriously screwed trying to find a decent replacement...

However, I still believe their backline won't function as well as it has in the past few years without Giteau... he's now the best flyhalf in Australia and one of the best in the world... the Force without Giteau have been like the Brumbies without Larkham... it may not be an instant recipe for disaster but the chances of sucking increase 10x...

I honestly don't understand why Valentine is in talks with the Brumbies when they've already got 3 quality halfbacks - Holmes, Phibbs, Stannard... he would be better off staying with the Force, and if he does leave... the Force would want to hope they got one of those guys in return...

O'Connor I understand as he can play fullback (although he should stick to inside centre)...

20. Haj

Haj Guest

Valentine will probably leave if the force sign brett sheehan. i believe valo has been offered a one year contract and expectations are is for him to accept quickly or else sheehan will be in.
    In other news Force officials are watching closely where Dan Carter will play upon his return. If he was to return to the crusaders, Stephen Brett will be under the radar and if Carter goes to the Blues , Gopperth or Lavea(neither is really ideal) will be targeted. Carlos Spencers name has been thrown around as well....EEEEEK!!!

21. BLR

BLR Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Apr 29 2009, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Kind of like the situation at the Tahs last season, you must be worried they are following their example. ;)

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!