6 - Daniel
5 - Muller
4 - van den Berg
3 - Botha
2 - du Plessis
1 - Mtawarira

Subs:

Burden, du Plessis, Venter, Deysel, Pienaar, Michalak, Jacobs

Pienaar and Venter returning from injury.

Once again the backline has been shuffled a bit. Muir has stated before he has a long term plan for Steyn to play flyhalf, and has been putting it into practice this season.

Terblanche seems to be add some composure in the backline, and I trust his stability at the back.

The Sharks will relish the drier conditions up in Jo'burg, I'm sure they'll take opportunity to play some expansive rugby.

Lions:
15 Louis Ludik, 14 Dusty Noble, 13 Jaco Pretorius, 12 Walter Venter, 11 Rayno Benjamin, 10 Jaco van Schalkwyk, 9 Jano Vermaak, 8 Joe van Niekerk, 7 Ernst Joubert (captain), 6 Cobus Grobbelaar, 5 Gerhard Mostert, 4 Anton van Zyl, 3 Ross Geldenhuys, 2 Willie Wepener, 1 Heinke van der Merwe.
Replacements: 16 Ethienne Reynecke, 17 JC Janse van Rensburg, 18 Franco van der Merwe, 19 Willem Alberts, 20 Chris Jonck, 21 Rudi Vogt, 22 Jannie Boshoff.

A brutal showdown is looming between the back-rowers & the front-rowers. The Lions have a very good pack that competes well with the big teams.....the only advantage for the Sharks will be their backline.

I hope it's not gonna be a game of 'aerial bombardment' and will be cheering the underdogs.

Lions by 6.

:p

If the Lions want to win -anything- this year, they're going to have to sort out that leaky defence, and by leaky I mean useless. Seriously, defending against only 14 men for basically the -entire- game and they still lost by twice their own score against the bulls.

I'm going for the sharks all the way in this one, probably by 13+

A brutal showdown is looming between the back-rowers & the front-rowers. The Lions have a very good pack that competes well with the big teams.....the only advantage for the Sharks will be their backline.

I hope it's not gonna be a game of 'aerial bombardment' and will be cheering the underdogs.

Lions by 6.

:p
[/b]
I agree with your point on the scrum. The Sharks have elected for a more mobile pack. Van der Merwe is gonna give Botha trouble the whole match.

He is one of strongest scrummagers in SA and he has unbelievable stamina for a big man, so he'll keep coming at you the whole game. I rate him very highly.

Anybody got info on the weight of these packs?

I'm sure the Lions have atleast 70 kgs on us

Sharks win 16-8 in an error ridden match.

I'm happy for the win but disappointed with the performance.

Steyn is not adapting well to playing flyhalf. I have faith in Muir's decisions but he really needs to think long and hard before selecting Steyn there again. He's not cutting the grade. Seriously.

We were playing well before the rain came down in buckets. After that both teams got scrapy actually.

The Sharks are just struggling home in games at the moment, still a wins a win away from home. Luckly the Lions bet the Cheetahs in game 1 because i cant see them winning again this season.

The Sharks are just struggling home in games at the moment, still a wins a win away from home. Luckly the Lions bet the Cheetahs in game 1 because i cant see them winning again this season. [/b]

They can beat the Reds this week.

I was at the game, and gotta say, no one stood out. Kankowski was prob the best. Credit to the Lions. They played well.

Latest posts