• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions vs Stormers

I

Incredible Schalk

AT LAST, JEAN DE VILLIERS!! butchered a few tries so far but looks like going 10-0 Stormers now with Venter in the sin bin.

christ, Grant misses from in front of the posts

8-0 at half time, the Lions just slowing the game down and showing little in attack, i would rather have Skeate on instead of Fondse who has dropped the ball 3 times.

The guys have just lost confidence, so many chances but the wrong guys are trying to take it up and its slow ball.

This is one of the worst games ive watched, i cant see us winning ..

well good effort to win in the end, that Lions try right at the end could be vital though

Final score:Lions 13-Stormers 22

Well well..
The Stormers nearly saw their ass. To say they were forcing the issue of a bonus victory is an understatement. I'm disappointed with the Stormers, we could of had a good chance of having 2 SA teams in the semis. Now the Sharks need to step up to the plate.

Mujati got owned by van der Merwe!

Yea scrum was pasted again, ever since Moller got injured against the Canes its been back foot stuff.

By the way look early in the thread when i said to bring Skeate on they do it and he was awesome, im expecting a call from Rassie soon ;)

Too bad they couldn't get the bonus point. Would have loved to see the sa teams but I guess it is not meant to be. At least there will definitely be one South African side in the Super 14.
Lions played really well but Jean De Villiers must have broken the line 5 times or so, he had an amazing game

Oh well its over, we just didnt seem the same in the latter part of the season. With Chavanga and Burger out it was always going to be tough but we didnt show the flair of the tour. There are a number of turning points in the season which cost us the semis such as Atiga's last minute winner in Dunedin, the two point loss to the Sharks, the draw to the Tahs but ultimately the team didnt handle themselves well enough to get the tries we needed today.

But considering after 3 games the Stormers were last and considering the previous years performance i think Rassie Erasmuss has done a superb job to only miss out on the playoffs on points difference. I let myself dream around round 10 that we were good enough to win but it wasnt quite enough. Hopefully with a few new faces and Burger and co back next season we can take the next step. :)

Man I was rooting for the lions in this game. Both teams didnt really show much flair and I was gutted that Stormers stole the game in the last few minutes. Rose and Devilliers were the standout players in their teams. However I will be giving my mate whos a stormers a fan a lot of crap for all the mess hes been talking lately (until now)

I cant believe that after the siren went Earl Rose kicked the ball into touch. The most spietful thing i have seen done in rugby. Even though the Lions had no chance of winning the game, the Stormers could have gotten another try for the bonus point to get into the semis. But Earl Rose kicked it out to end the game. Spiteful rugby player, and i hope he goes on holiday to the Kruger and gets eaten by a lion. *******.

I cant believe that after the siren went Earl Rose kicked the ball into touch. The most spietful thing i have seen done in rugby. Even though the Lions had no chance of winning the game, the Stormers could have gotten another try for the bonus point to get into the semis. But Earl Rose kicked it out to end the game. Spiteful rugby player, and i hope he goes on holiday to the Kruger and gets eaten by a lion. *******. [/b]

lol I was praying that they would kick it out, I was like "kick it out you *******" and sure enough he did. I like Earl Rose I think he should be South Africas number 1 full back :)

lol I was praying that they would kick it out, I was like "kick it out you *******" and sure enough he did. I like Earl Rose I think he should be South Africas number 1 full back :)[/b]

:ranting: :%#%#: :rahh: :cryy:

<div class='quotemain'>lol I was praying that they would kick it out, I was like "kick it out you *******" and sure enough he did. I like Earl Rose I think he should be South Africas number 1 full back :)[/b]

:ranting: :%#%#: :rahh: :cryy:
[/b][/quote]

At the end of the day my dear Stormers had several games in which they could have gained that extra point or two they would have needed.
Brumbies: leading 20-0 after 20 minutes, no further points scored.
Waratahs: yeah they were lucky to get a draw, NSW should have won that. Because they folded and gave up when leading 13-6 which is not enough! You need 8 points before you start defending, not 7!
Lions: all credit to the Lions for standing up to their southern cousins. But the Stromers had about 5-6 more genuine chances which they fscked up all by themselves. All they needed was ONE other try!

So, I'm gutted, I think they did very well this year, looking forward to 2009, but no sympathy for missing out on the semis.

Quite amazing how we only lost 1 of our last 10 games yet didnt go through, ultimately there wasnt enough bottle or confidence in the side to do it. They look horribly tense in the final few matches.

Quite amazing how we only lost 1 of our last 10 games yet didnt go through, ultimately there wasnt enough bottle or confidence in the side to do it. They look horribly tense in the final few matches.
[/b]

I suppose the slow start cost them... losing 16-9 to the Bulle and 12-10 to the Sharks (vs the Crusaders, well, they just never attacked).
Once you've lost 3 games our of 13 you can't afford not to get many winning bonus points.
Ah well, I'm still proud of them, they've done far better than last year it 2009 is looking good.

Quite amazing how we only lost 1 of our last 10 games yet didnt go through, ultimately there wasnt enough bottle or confidence in the side to do it. They look horribly tense in the final few matches. [/b]

a case of experience maybe ?

Happened to the sharks 2 years ago and since then the sharks have made it to the semis twice in a row, methinks the boys now have an Idea of how to handel the situation better, hopefully 2009 will see them go through, I don't want to sound irrational or anyhting here, but methinks Rassie could possibly be the new Deans, and the Stormers the new Saders.

give us a few years.

Latest posts