TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_60185212_suarez.jpg

The launch of the new Liverpool home kit has prompted an angry response from a number of the families of those killed in the Hillsborough disaster.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18033752

Complaining for the sake of complaining. It's a football crest ffs.

Really can't see the issue, it's not as if theyve removed it totally or printed something defaming.

I agree with the above but then again for those who lost family / friends at Hillsborough it might mean a different view. Be interesting to see the views of the likes of St Helens and other Liverpool fans.

It's always going to be a very sensitive subject.
While I, personally, don't see anything wrong with it, and don't think that they need "permission" to change the logo, it couldn't have hurt to just send an email to head of the Hillsborough Victim support (or whatever it's called) to say that it's being changed, to cover their bases.

Well, the question is how long you should wait before letting it go. Should you wait for all the survivors and families to pass away? In that case it takes another 50 years at least.

This is just *****ing about a technicality

I don't know why they are complaining about the eternal flames being removed from the crest when it has just been moved to the back of the shirt under the collar with the number 96 added to it

Sorry to be blunt, but it's about time Liverpool got over themselves, grew a pair of ******** and stopped playing this continuous victim card. They kicked up a huge fuss earlier this year because they "refused to play on the anniversary" of Hillsborough. If the rest of the world had that attitude, nothing would ever get done, every day is the anniversary of something.

Particularly in a sport where they had to introduce "a minutes applause" because they know the idiot supporters cannot keep their gobs shut during a remembrance silence.

It was one group that complained the other group were consulted on the matter.

Not a huge big deal, media blowing out of proportion yet again.... Anything for a story

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to be blunt, but it's about time Liverpool got over themselves, grew a pair of ******** and stopped playing this continuous victim card. They kicked up a huge fuss earlier this year because they "refused to play on the anniversary" of Hillsborough. If the rest of the world had that attitude, nothing would ever get done, every day is the anniversary of something.

Particularly in a sport where they had to introduce "a minutes applause" because they know the idiot supporters cannot keep their gobs shut during a remembrance silence.
Agreed 100%. Mind, Alan Davies said exactly the same thing and got a horrific amount of abuse.
It was such a tragedy and my heart goes out to all the families involved.
But I ****ing hate Liverpool FC.

agree with alan davies about refusing to play on the anniversary of the hillborough disaster, i mean its been 20 odd years and other teams have suffered tragedies like manchester united and the munich disaster and they still play on the day. if anything playing on the anniversary should motivate the players to play harder and try to win the game to honour the 96 people.

Odds are the players couldn't give a flying fudge about the victims of the disaster, a majority proportion are too young to even remember 1989.

Really don't blame them. They won the league the last time in 1990 and those landmarks is the only thing left of the great Liverpool sides of yesteryear and when they had success. Like England and 66.....

Latest posts