• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Llanelli Scarlets F*ckin' Up The Quarter Tickets For The Munster Fans..

G

Gavin

**Munster will play their Heineken Cup quarter-final against Llanelli Scarlets in Stradey Park on Friday March 30th with the kick off set for 7.30pm.
And Munster supporters look destined to be disappointed if they hope to pick up tickets through Stradey Park.
Llanelli are offering their members the opportunity to purchase one ticket from Monday the 12th to Friday 23rd of February. Then the following Monday (26th) those same members who have purchased a ticket will be given the option of purchasing an additional ticket.

After that, from Monday March 5th, any tickets that are still available will be offered to non-members with preference given to those who have attended Magners League games at Stradey Park.

There will be no on-line ticket purchase**

Seriously what are Llanelli playing at? Hardly any Munster supports will get tickets and, personally I believe, this will destroy and atmosphere which would be present.. Surely there is a law that the tickets should be distributated 50-50 or even 60-40 in favour of the home side..
This is an outrage, maybe Llanelli are trying to destroy the Munster team by taking out their "16th" man..
A lot of Munster supporters will be disappointed and they have a right to be..

It is a disgrace..

Can the ERC not step in?

It's not a disgrace. In fact fair play to Llanelli, Munster fans are the cutest of whores for getting their hands on tickets. They proved this with getting their hands on close to 80% of the tickets for an away semi final last year, when they were entitled to 50%

For the quarter finals, Munster are entitled to an allocation of 25%. The Scarlets are guaranteeing that their allocation will be filled by their own supporters. Absolutely nothing wrong with this whatsoever.

The atmosphere won't be affected at all, there will still be 2500 Munster fans there out of 10000, they'll make plenty of noise and it's a bit unfair on the Scarlets fans to imply that there won't be much of an atmosphere.

Munster supporters have no right to be dissappointed, the team wasn't good enough to get a home quarter final so tough.

HERE HERE

well said an tarbh, a rep point for you is long over due my friend!!

i feel this way.. maybe its just coming from my american upbringing through watching my sports and such but, i feel that it should be a privelage to the away team that they get tickets, i personally don't feel that llanelli are obligated to give Munster any tickets. The scarlets earned their home fixture, Munster didnt, the Munster fans will have to get over it and just watch it at home on the television. I praise the scarlets for this decision, i love them setting up a true home field advantage, nothing more intimidating to an opposing side than walking onto a pitch with none of your supporters backing you at that immediate location.

Bravo Llanelli, Bravo.

Well they do as ERC rules have always ensured for allocations for away supporters, which is the way it should be. It certainly shouldn't be a privelige but a right for a team to have an allocation. None of this crap where you have away teams banned from taking support to a certain ground.

Well they do as ERC rules have always ensured for allocations for away supporters, which is the way it should be. It certainly shouldn't be a privelige but a right for a team to have an allocation. None of this crap where you have away teams banned from taking support to a certain ground.
[/b]

They arent banned, i just think they should get a substancially less amount of tickets. None of this 50 or 40 % bullshit, i think they should be allocated maybe 500 tickets, whoever gets them gets them, thats it, no more.

They arent banned, i just think they should get a substancially less amount of tickets. None of this 50 or 40 % bullshit, i think they should be allocated maybe 500 tickets, whoever gets them gets them, thats it, no more.
[/b]
Sorry, but that's sorta crap.

I also think Munster took up a HUGE majority of the millenium stadium last year for the final. It certainly didn't look like a fair 50-50 split between the french and irish fans.

Yeah, I think it was about 80% Munster fans there that day. Hardly fair on the Biarritz fans, don't you think?

Not really, Biarritz would have had an official allocation of about 7500 tickets, same for Munster but obviously more Munster fans bought tickets off those who would have prebought tickets for the final as they went on sale throughout the season, there's certainly plenty of Leinster fans who would have sold tickets on, also plenty of Leinster fans who would have gone along and supported Munster. Irish fans just have a knack for getting their hands on tickets, which is why I think Scarlets are doing the right thing in ensuring that their fans get their allocation, but still don't be surprised if there's more than 2500 Munster fans in Stradey on March 30.

Latest posts