• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Llanelli Scarlets vs Cardiff Blues

S

Sir Speedy

Llanelli Scarlets v Cardiff Blues

I've picked this game as it is the make or break match for Llanelli and for Cardiff aswell. Leinster have stormed to the top of the table, leaving both Welsh regions trailing below. Llanelli have won just one of their last four Magners League games, while Cardiff come into the game after a thrilling injury time win over Munster.
The teams haven't been announced yet. This is probably going to be the last derby game in Stradey Park, so I expect Llanelli to put a lot of passion into their performance, and with the Blues playing Toulouse in a few weeks, I don't see them putting out their best side. I suppose this benefits the Scarlets in a way because I think Cardiff would be them even in Stradey Park based on this years form.
Until the teams are announced, I'll predict a ten point win for Llanelli.

Llanelli Scarlets v Cardiff Blues

I've picked this game as it is the make or break match for Llanelli and for Cardiff aswell. Leinster have stormed to the top of the table, leaving both Welsh regions trailing below. Llanelli have won just one of their last four Magners League games, while Cardiff come into the game after a thrilling injury time win over Munster.
The teams haven't been announced yet. This is probably going to be the last derby game in Stradey Park, so I expect Llanelli to put a lot of passion into their performance, and with the Blues playing Toulouse in a few weeks, I don't see them putting out their best side. I suppose this benefits the Scarlets in a way because I think Cardiff would be them even in Stradey Park based on this years form.
Until the teams are announced, I'll predict a ten point win for Llanelli.
[/b]
Until the teams are announced, I'll predict a ten point win for Cardiff Blues... and then when the teams are announced I'll predict a ten point win for Cardiff Blues :cheers:
Just in case this usefull for anyone ....
Went to CAP today, the Supporters club is putting on a bus from CAP, £8 for members, £12 for nonmembers, contact Clive or Gareth on 07722504180 or [email protected]
Maybe see there speedy, got my wetsuit ready anyway. :eek:

I think the Scarlets are too unpredictable this season to even hazard a guess as to what the result will be. It's as though every match a different side turns up, or it depends on if the forwards decide to play. Hopefully this time it will be one of their good matches so I can continue on my rugby high from Saturday :)

I won't be going, I live 30 miles from the Llanelli area and can't be arsed to get a ticket. >_> If it was a European Cup game I'd consider it, but I doubt we'll ever see Llanelli and Cardiff face off an a European Cup game (especially not a knockout game :().

Could be a cracker this one.
Luckily due to the earlier kick offs in the live RL games on fri I'll be able to watch this :cheers:

Llanelli Scarlets

15) Morgan Stoddart
14) Dafydd James
13) Regan King
12) Gavin Evans
11) Nathan Brew
10) Stephen Jones
9) Dwayne Peel (capt)
1) Iestyn Thomas
2) Mahonri Schwalger
3) Deacon Manu
4) Adam Eustace
5) Lou Reed
6) Dafydd Jones
7) Gavin Thomas
8) Alix Popham.

Subs:
16) Phil John
17) Matthew Rees
18) Scott MacLeod
19) James Bater
20) Gavin Cattle
21) Matthew Watkins
22) Jonathan Davies

Cardiff Blues

15) Ben Blair
14) Jamie Roberts
13) Jamie Robinson
12) Gareth Thomas
11) Tal Selley
10) Nick Macleod
9) Richie Rees

8) Xavier Rush ©
7) Robin Sowden Taylor
6) Maama Molitika
5) Scott Morgan
4) Deiniol Jones
3) Gary Powell
2) T Rhys Thomas
1) John Yapp -

Subs:
16) Tauf’ao Filise
17) Gareth Williams
18) Mark Lewis
19) Ben White
20) Jason Spice
21) Dai Flanagan
22) Marc Stcherbina

Llanelli by 5.

Llanelli Scarlets

15) Morgan Stoddart
14) Dafydd James
13) Regan King
12) Gavin Evans
11) Nathan Brew
10) Stephen Jones
9) Dwayne Peel (capt)
1) Iestyn Thomas
2) Mahonri Schwalger
3) Deacon Manu
4) Adam Eustace
5) Lou Reed
6) Dafydd Jones
7) Gavin Thomas
8) Alix Popham.

Subs:
16) Phil John
17) Matthew Rees
18) Scott MacLeod
19) James Bater
20) Gavin Cattle
21) Matthew Watkins
22) Jonathan Davies

Cardiff Blues

15) Ben Blair
14) Jamie Roberts
13) Jamie Robinson
12) Gareth Thomas
11) Tal Selley
10) Nick Macleod
9) Richie Rees

8) Xavier Rush ©
7) Robin Sowden Taylor
6) Maama Molitika
5) Scott Morgan
4) Deiniol Jones
3) Gary Powell
2) T Rhys Thomas
1) John Yapp -

Subs:
16) Tauf’ao Filise
17) Gareth Williams
18) Mark Lewis
19) Ben White
20) Jason Spice
21) Dai Flanagan
22) Marc Stcherbina

Llanelli by 5.
[/b]

STEPHEN JONES! GONNA GET MY PROGRAM FROM SATURDAY SIGNED!

Am a bit worried, as Stephen Jones is playing well atm, and in general it's a strong Scarlets team compared to the Cardiff one. If MacLoed performs, then I think Cardiff can win, if not, then Llanelli will win by around 7 - 10 points.

If MacLoed performs
[/b]
Pretty sad that we have to worry how one man performs? It's bad enough relying on your best player, but having to rely on the worse one? sucks.

tell me about it...
at least Dai Flanagan's on the bench, so hopefully we can get him as well as Nicky Robinson fit and ready for Toulouse next month. But yeah, hope MacLeod fronts up and keeps his confidence up (you could see how it dropped halfway through against Leinster) so we can get revenge for the hammering we had last time we played at Stradey.

tell me about it...
at least Dai Flanagan's on the bench, so hopefully we can get him as well as Nicky Robinson fit and ready for Toulouse next month. But yeah, hope MacLeod fronts up and keeps his confidence up (you could see how it dropped halfway through against Leinster) so we can get revenge for the hammering we had last time we played at Stradey.
[/b]
Well it is in the past now but he made a few critical errors at Bristol.

Excellent first half.

Scarlets 2 pts down at the break but I reckon they've shown more than enough to take the game out in the second half especially with the wind in their favour.

Nicely poised 15-17 to Cardiff at half time, think the Scarlets are going to sneak this one though...

Not sure what's a good result for Leinster here, probably a Blues win as that takes the Scarlets further out of the equation and since the Blues don't play Leinster not as many chances to close the gap.

Flannigan playing not too badly, but seems a bit everywhere at times.
Basic skills are pretty poor overall.

Cardiff are due a try right now.

-------------------------------------------

Silly play by Cardiff, Stephen kicks a long penalty and the game is essentially over for the blues now.

Good try by Dafydd James, great hands, AWESOME break by Dafydd Jones all round and bonus point.
Game Over.

STODDARD YOU IDIOT!
2 ON 1...DON'T CHIP THE f***ING BALL. PASS IT!!!

Latest posts