• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Llanelli Scarlets vs Cardiff Blues

Well played by the Scarlets, I wonder if the Blues are regretting resting their Welsh internationals.

Deserved man of the match for Morgan Stoddart, about time The Ospreys snapped him up as cover for Byrne. :D

Well, you have to question whether Gareth Thomas is capable of playing at a pro level any more.
He's not done much tonight.

Stoddard desrves the MOTM but there's a few crucial mistakes he makes in many games that makes Warren think twice and comfortably choose Byrne over him in the Welsh squad.
If he had a good coach, i'm sure Stoddard would come on well for us. Unfortunately, Phil is in charge... <_<

Really enjoyable game :bravo:

I thought Peel had a good knock as captain and made good decisions throughout the game.

Very enjoyable game, total contrast to the Biarritz v Brive game that I had on in the background. That was still 0-0 after 50mins. :zzz:

Yeah, i'm glad to see the tempo of the game was really high throughout. There was ferocity in the forwards and flair in the backs - really entertaining overall.

That was a thrilling game, Peel and Stoddart had great games and James' try was brilliantly worked. Was definately worth going down there for the match, but the atmosphere was quite poor imo.

Ach myn... fed up with Blues, they haven't had a really good solid performance since beating Bristol in the HC. They were totally outplayed by the Scarlets second half, who deserved the win. There were a few dodgy ref's desicions, but these days, it's all part of the game, and there's not much point dwelling over them. And RC's right, not sure Gareth Thomas should be playing pro rugby any more, the guy's a glory hunter and has been utter rubbish since the Christmas period, with a few nice touches here and there (like his nice pass to Roberts, but his bad qualities out-weigh his good). Hope that they drop him now that Scherbina's back. The Blues should've used Roberts in-field more. It was only because he can break first up tackles that we beat Munster a few weeks ago.
Ah well, it was a great match, and the Scarlets played some fantastic Rugby, and deserved to win.

Just gotten back from the match and am very happy!

Could have been a better atmosphere there but I was happy with the Scarelts' performance. I think Peel had a better game then I've seen for a while, same goes for Dafydd Jones. I really think our forwards need to start running straighter lines. For too many periods of the match we were far too lateral.

Can't complain too much though, we got the win and right now that's all that matters to me :)

Latest posts