• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Llanelli v Munster - HEC ¼ Final

It's going to be a close game, but I think Regan King will be the difference. He is just pure class, mayb not as good an all round player as the likes of O'Driscoll, but imo he is the best attacking 13 in the game at present.

Even though Mark Jones didn't get his chances in attack during the 6 nations, the Scarlets at the moment are that much better at creating space out wide for the speedsters (it's no coinsidence Darren Daniel is the leading try scorer in the Magners, and thats their second choice wing).

Wouldn't bet against Dafydd James adding to his record try scoring tally in the Heineken tonight.

All Munster fans know what Easterby can do, and popham has been a beast all season. The forewards have got to give the backs the platform, if that happens I can't see the Scarlets losing on home soil.

Welsh rugby needs this, we need a Welsh team to win the Heineken, c'mon boys don't let us down.

Edit. Ok, first we need them through to the Semi's, getting a bit ahead of myself.

Well this game has just started, after Munster Complained that they didnt like the tickertape on the pitch...

Fantastic try for Daffid James in the corner.

5-0 5:14

Easily converted by Jones.

7-0

If they hold out for the win, I wonder if I'll get an apology from the Munster fan who shouted me down for backing the Scarlets as favourites months ago...

FFS Sky Sports are having a go at Stephen Jones for freeing the ball for his team!

Munster in trouble at half time - we've seen it before, and they've come up roses. But the Llanelli energy is making us look like a bunch of sloggers. The breakdown is pretty even, but Munster have enormous problems in midfield - attack and defence.

Only a loss of nerve can keept the Scarlets out of the semis. Can't see that happening.

Murphy to come on in the centre at 13. Maybe Mafi to wing.

One of those Peel chip aheads could lead to a try - but for which side?

Not a great game to be honest, Llanelli have taken their chances, fortunate not to be pinged for Jones' stamping to free the ball, that certainly was rucking imo but good finish nonetheless. Cullen is having a mare, shouldn't have started.

No chance of Munster getting back into this one, guess my sneaky feeling was off the mark.

^^^^
Ou contraire, watching the Scarlets play like this is a thing of beauty. Thjey look like a Super 14 side or, dare I say it, the Wales side of the 2005 Grand Slam?

I am really enjoying watching this game some good flowing Rugby by the Scarlets...

Munster just havent fired.. and they dont like they are going to...

Prooven blatant 5m forward pass! f*** off Munster, Mark Jones's forward ball was miles less than than that! Touch Jugde must've been watching the O'Spreadbury's in the crowd! Can't score fairly can they?

O'Gara once again buckles under pressure and misses the crucial conversion.

I still can't see Munster getting back into this properly.

Speaking of O'Gara, have Scarlets been chasing him all over the park?

If you put serious pressure on him, he is easy to wind up usually as a result.

Wow. Just Wow.

Best try I've seen all season for Davies. Greats <strike>15</strike> 14 man rugby.

Latest posts