• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Loads of New Players for Warriors!

W

Warriors#1

Hey,

I was going round different Glasgow Warriors sites and it hit me just how many players we have signed for next season.

They are:

Lome Fa'atau
Gavin Kerr
Ross Ford
Opeta Palepoi
Dougie Hall
Micheal Collins
Ed Kalman
Richie Vernon
Kelly Brown
Chris O'Young
Daryl Gibson

It's going to be interesting who Sean puts out each week as we have such a diversity of different players.

I honestly believe we have the opertunity to go for the League this year!

agreed. its going to be an exciting season ahead - heres hoping we can challenge for a HC quarter final and still be in the mix at the buisness end of the seaosn.

Yeah,

we just have to get past saracens in the HC or at least get best Runner-Up!

hope Gibson does well for you like at Tigers. There were some rumours that Henry Tuilagi would be joining you. A great signing if he keeps fit. He hasn't hit form due to injury, but when he was on song there isn't a better ball carrying loose forward in european rugby IMO.

guessing a fair few of them came from the Borders? I know a lot of resources from Borders have gone to Glasgow.

only a couple from borders - Kerr (never actually officially revealed as a warriors player) and ross ford look to be heading east. would rather they took dougie hall back than kerr to be honest.

the ones that played last night looked great - particularly O'young (him an sam pindar have already started fighting for their place - both have 2 tries in 2 games this season) and winger Max Evans who constantly broke through several tackles (and nearly scored a couple of times)

lost track of who was who in the second half - the announcer wasnt naming subsitutes and there were no numbers for subs in the "program".

When we have the players back from the WC it'll be a different story to the way we played against Cardiff. I reckon we'll be at least 3rd or 4th this season.

Go on ye Warriors!

will Lome be back for sundays game? (Samoa bow out of the world cup tomorrow) and am i right in thinking Va'a picked up an injury?

but yeah, definatly looking forward to this season. (and im going to soften up the defences at "the castle" ahead of the Warriors storming it this weekend - come on the Ulster!)

Jesus, Daryl Gibson is still playing? What a champ. [/b]

Still going. Has been excellent for Leicester. Very skillful and was probably the most important link in our backs the past few seasons. Skillful and a real workhorse when needed. Now gone to Glasgow, mainly because he wants to go into coaching, and Loffreda will be doing backs coaching for tigers i think.

Latest posts