Lomu tipped to become a Titan

Discussion in 'NRL / Southern Hemisphere' started by woosaah, Oct 15, 2006.

1. woosaah

woosaah Guest

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3830368a1823,00.html

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. ak47

ak47 Guest

OMG this us huge

FARK!!!!

4. esoj

esoj Guest

will defintely be interesting if this comes off. I am guessing he would proabbly play in the forwards in league with his build etc he would be very damaging and he could be interchanged on and off for maximum impact.

5. Gay-Guy

Gay-Guy Guest

Put him at prop. He already knows how to run at guys. So all he needs to learn is defence...going up going back non stop. Oh and tackling. This would be great if he quickly went over and did some serious training ASAP before next year.

6. ak47

ak47 Guest

No way

give him the #2 or #1

I wanna see him return kicks at full pace!!!!

7. woosaah

woosaah Guest

he can do that from the kick offs, he wasnt a great catcher of the ball from memory.

but i doubt he would want to do all the donkey work as well

8. esoj

esoj Guest

he doesn't have the fitness to play in the backs really anymore. he is built like a forward for league. at prop or second row he would be devasting. and plus in league you can interchange so you could bring him on in place of another huge guy and lose absolutely nothing and gain the damage that lomu would do.

9. Would be pretty cool to see, I hope he does go to league!! I wanna see him smash Willie Mason LOL

10. Caledfwlch

Caledfwlch Guest

awesome! i'm happy for the big guy!

lomu isnt that bad under a high ball, in 95, the ABs used a tactic that left so many intl teams flat footed. and that was to kick to the backs and the forwards at kick off, where lomu was lurking... paid off very well from what i can rmb0

11. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

<div align="center">[​IMG]
    It will be interesting!</div>

12. BigTen

BigTen Guest

"...Jonah Lomu has been linked with the Gold Coast Titans..."

Nah - I don't buy it! It is just rumour at this stage and I doubt that Lomu really wants to change to league at this late stage of his career. I think that Lomu and his agent just have their feelers out to see what is available.

Lomu will stay with rugby union - some club will pick him up.

13. watta joke...dont do anymore damage to ya body..know ones gonna feel sorry 4 u out dea jonah...guys like o'melee,wiki,carol,cinaveca love fresh meat and would love to accompany you to an early wheel chair...

he playd sum bum games in tha air nz cup and cudnt kick it wit da rookies there..pro league especially nrl is a whole different beast to get use to...and he will be made to look a fool in tha condition that he is in...

14. cwans

cwans Guest

Rumors abound saying how Jonah's fitness since the dodge ANZ Cup has improved to the point where he is running 100 meters under 12 seconds. I reckon don't count him out, he could make himself a Kiwi with the way the Kiwis are going in the Tri NAtions.

15. esoj

esoj Guest

the talk seems to be this could be a done deal very soon.

16. there is nothing wrong with kiwis...nz league do not need him other than to promote the sport...contribution on the field should be forsaken..last time i saw lomu make a clean 1 on 1 tackle..hitler was alive

17. ak47

ak47 Guest

i have heard the S14 clubs have snubbed him

he approached league for a lifeline.

Come on Jonah........its a better game afterall

If he is running 100m in under 12 - #1 or #2 i say

Line him up against Utai, King, Carney........nobody could stop the big fella

18. 187

187 Guest

he seems slow and clumsy to me now. he shud just retire

19. melon

melon Guest

May i ask ak47 how Lomu could possibly line up against Carney in a game when they will be playing in the same team next year?

20. ak47

ak47 Guest

May i ask ak47 how Lomu could possibly line up against Carney in a game when they will be playing in the same team next year?
    [/b][/quote]

MID WEEK TRAING CHAMP :bleh!:

nah u got me *******!!! :p

21. woosaah

woosaah Guest

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3832568a1823,00.html

[​IMG]

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!