• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

London Irish game against Leinster moved to Twickenham

B

Bullitt

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...ish/8445890.stm

London Irish have moved their Heineken Cup game with Leinster to Twickenham because of a fixture clash.

Irish share their ground, the Madejski Stadium, with Reading Football Club and the Leinster match clashed with the Royals' FA Cup campaign.

The round six game against defending champions Leinster will now take place on Saturday, 23 January.

London Irish head coach Toby Booth told the club's website: "This fixture is certainly worthy of the biggest stage."

He added: "We love playing our rugby at our home in Reading, but this change of location was unavoidable and we're delighted that more of our fans can come and support us on what promises to be an excellent evening of top class rugby."

The Exiles go into their round five clash against Scarlets having won three out of their four previous Heineken Cup games.

They will be hoping to overcome Scarlets, after narrowly losing 27-25 when the two sides met in round two.

London Irish captain and former Leinster player Bob Casey has said the players are looking forward to playing at the home of English international rugby.

"Of course it is a shame that we won't be able to play at our home ground but we are really excited that more people will be able to come and watch what will be a massive match for both clubs," he said.

"Going to Twickenham Stadium is always an amazing experience for players and supporters alike and we're sure that the atmosphere is going to be fantastic."

The club will automatically be reissuing tickets to all those who have purchased already.

Lads, I think this will suit Leinster.

Dunno why just see them producing the goods in what I hope is a classic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Jan 7 2010, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Dunno why just see them producing the goods in what I hope is a classic[/b]

Like it suited them when Wasps moved to Twickers for the 'Battle of the Capitals' (haw haw High Wycombe yeah) last year.

I'm guessing we have a bigger fan base than Irish or would I be completely wrong in saying that? If I'm not then there's the chance we could get a much higher proportion of fans in than had it been played in Reading. Couple that with the fact that Irish are giving away the advantage of their familiar surroundings and so on andc you can see where Mnstermuffin is coming from. Doubt it will make that much difference to be honest though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Jan 8 2010, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Jan 7 2010, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dunno why just see them producing the goods in what I hope is a classic[/b]

Like it suited them when Wasps moved to Twickers for the 'Battle of the Capitals' (haw haw High Wycombe yeah) last year.
[/b][/quote]

Meh, we were in terrible form and got what we needed. Couldn't complain.

Well Leinster will bring more fans I think althoungh not many more than original.

But I just think since H'Cup Semi-Final Leinster just stepped up a gear and are a better team now than they were against Wasps (and they could've beaten Wasps)

And Leinster are backs against the wall in this game and it just my opnion but I can see them producing a performance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 9 2010, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Like they did against the NotNots at RDS?[/b]

NotNots????

If you mean L.Irish well they had a blip every team does but look how they have returned

I see. So Leinster didn't win a match at home because they were crap, not because O'Irish completely nullifies everything Leinster threw at them.

I understand now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 9 2010, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I see. So Leinster didn't win a match at home because they were crap, not because O'Irish completely nullifies everything Leinster threw at them.

I understand now.[/b]

Never said that Bullitt, as L.Irish deserved to win at RDS but Leinsters form has been very good recently (when full team played) and I not saying they will definitely win as London Irish have more than enough to produce goods too just simply in my opinion I fancy Leinster.

And difference between this and game at RDS is simply it **** or bust.

Latest posts