• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

London Irish v Leinster

A

An Tarbh

Well this one was being set up as the winner takes all clash but then the Scarlets threw a spanner in the works last Sunday.

Irish now need to win with a bonus point and deny Leinster anything to qualify for the quarter finals.

If Munster win at Thomond, Leinster will be through regardless, although a win would secure a home draw.

LEINSTER:

15: Rob Kearney
14: Shane Horgan
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Isa Nacewa
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Eoin Reddan

1: Cian Healy
2: Bernard Jackman
3: CJ van der Linde
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Nathan Hines
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Shane Jennings
8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:

16: John Fogarty
17: Mike Ross
18: Stan Wright
19: Malcolm O'Kelly
20: Sean O'Brien
21: Paul O'Donohoe
22: Shaun Berne
23: Girvan Dempsey

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/4281.php

Hoping for a convincing Leinster victory so the Scarlets can get into the Challenge Cup Quater Finals...

Very surprised that Bernard Jackman is starting given his struggles in the lineout though he may add more bulk to the scrum than John Fogarty would have.

Unless I'm mistaken, Leinster are now through given Munster's win against Northampton.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Jan 22 2010, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Very surprised that Bernard Jackman is starting given his struggles in the lineout though he may add more bulk to the scrum than John Fogarty would have.

Unless I'm mistaken, Leinster are now through given Munster's win against Northampton.[/b]
Yeah at worst they have runner up spot.

Interesting team as I don't see enough reason to include Jackman. But surely now M.Ross must realize it was an awful move going to Leinster on back of 1 great season with Quins, he should've stayed where he'd be playing regularly and building up a name and experience for himself.
Also I hate fact McFadden isn't includenas I a fan of him.

I've never really understood why people were giving London Irish hope for this match to deny Leinster the group win. The most they can do is draw with them on points. If they manage to do that then it'll go down to try difference and they will have to score 6 tries without conceding 1 to come top of the group

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Jan 23 2010, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
actually wait...

I miscalculated...

Well they still can't do it[/b]
Does it not come down to head to head 1st?

Any ways I think L.Irish have a chance of winning game but Leinster have a solid defense and won't concede 4 tries not with experienced guys like BOD in backs and Cullen, Hines & Co in engine room.

Honestly I think Leinster have this but it won't be easy to get past L.Irish, should be a great game!

I don't think I've ever seen a shitter thrower than Jackman. Every single lineout is not straight.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Jan 23 2010, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've never really understood why people were giving London Irish hope for this match to deny Leinster the group win. The most they can do is draw with them on points. If they manage to do that then it'll go down to try difference and they will have to score 6 tries without conceding 1 to come top of the group[/b]

no a bp win gives Irish the group as they'd have the better head to head with Leinster.

Awesome set piece from Leinster. God those irish backs are good.
Forward pass at the end, such a pity

Ok, Sexton doing good for a man just back from a lay off. I imagine Kidney will play him against Italy. He'll need that game time. I'd love to know what Kidney thinks his best 10 at the mo is. Sexton is only back from injury and O'Gara has had a good string of games.

Personally i say f*** it, start Sexton all the way get him blooded, use ROG sparingly.

Feel for P. Wallace, such a good player, and he probably won't even make the squad now.

Lads London Irish seem a bit afraid or lack confidene I don't know but they aren't a shade om team that went to RDS like Leinster look like the home team.

Well deserved lead and Jackman is finished now I think for good as his line-out throwing is so bad it kills a team.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noidsay @ Jan 23 2010, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok, Sexton doing good for a man just back from a lay off. I imagine Kidney will play him against Italy. He'll need that game time. I'd love to know what Kidney thinks his best 10 at the mo is. Sexton is only back from injury and O'Gara has had a good string of games.

Personally i say f*** it, start Sexton all the way get him blooded, use ROG sparingly.

Feel for P. Wallace, such a good player, and he probably won't even make the squad now.[/b]
Wallace doesnt really control games at out half so is better centre but is really a provincial man...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noidsay @ Jan 23 2010, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Feel for P. Wallace, such a good player, and he probably won't even make the squad now.[/b]
Paddy Wallace will make bench at least although I think Kidney see's something in him as 12 and will select him with D'Arcy covering all back positions.
(I not saying that my preference just it seems to be Kidneys way from what we've seen)

adthe.net and justin.tv have three streams of this game for those abroad that don't have access to Setanta or have the game blacked out on RugbyZone

Latest posts