• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

London Irish v Ospreys

A

An Tarbh

Are the Ospreys trying to pay some sort of homage to Henson by playing in orange here, ghastly jersey and their play is matching it, even the orange one adding to the woes.

Lol, yeh, that shirt is disgusting. The Ospreys aren't looking too hot at the moment. Poor pass from Henson and Nikki Walker getting in the way of Bowe leading to a second try for London Irish. 17 - 6.
And apparently, sticking your shoulder into a player after they chip the ball over the defensive line isn't illegal. :rolleyes:
Ojo almost got a late interception but knocked the ball on before he could gather it.
17 - 6 HT.

Yeah it's fairly dismal stuff alright, roll on next week and some proper rugby.

Try for Nikki Walker... And holy crap, what has Sean Holley put in James Hook's water? :eek:
He's... He's actually kicking the conversions through the posts. I'm shocked.

So Peter Richards and Mapasua between themselves have lost them a place in the semi finals... Gratz to them both.

Wow, what can you say about that?

Poor, poor play yet again, but we got the losing BP to ensure us a semi final spot.
If we can do what's necessary whilst playing bad that's got to be some consolation, right?

...ahem.

What were they doing in the last couple of minutes. Someone must have noticed time was up! Almost commited suicide.

Poor display again. Their ball retention is appalling at the moment, loosing more than half your linouts don't help either. They just have zero continuity in their play.

Also, why does Holley have such a hard on for Paul James? He's sh*t! How many penalties did he give away at scrum time? There's a reason why he's only got one cap for Wales, wheras Duncan Jones has what, 30-40+? How did he not get banned after bing cited again Perpignan aswell?

It was stupid.
The whole team was stupid and by god, i was just glad that so many of the penalties that LI conceded were in their own half so we could actually kick the points rather than go for touch and lose the lineout!
Although, is that 2 games in a row that Hook has missed touch from a penalty?

True if he hadn't nailed all those kicks we would have been f***ed.

What happened with Gav at that penalty behind the half way line?
I think Nutbrown went to take a quick penalty Gav was sprinting up to take the pass and break down the field, but Nutbrown opted out of the quick take and therefore Gav didn't get the ball and get his chance to impress anyone with a great break.
With that he had a little tantrum and refused to even acknowlege the guy carrying the tee onto the field. I'm surprised the commentators made no comment about his attitude by there - maybe had hook missed they would have.
But i wasn't too happy with the way he conducted himself on the field at that point.

Then again, Henson hasn't kicked a penalty goal in a competitive game for, what, a whole year? So it would be a dodgy idea to let him begin again with a 55 metre strike... in my opinion.

I'm sure he said 'I can't do it', in reference to the kick, and then looked pretty glum. I didn't notice him throwing a tiffy. Still another solid game from Gav with some good tackling and straightening when with the ball. He has to start at 12 on Saturday for me.

Really?
Maybe i misread the situation, but it looked like he totally ignored the guy with the kicking tee. Maybe not.
But he certainly had a tiff when the camera took a close up on him and his face was a long as the river nile.

...what a strange analogy!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 2 2008, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Maybe i misread the situation, but it looked like he totally ignored the guy with the kicking tee. Maybe not.[/b]
Yeh, I noticed that aswell. I just assumed he couldn't hear him.

Saw that aswell, he looked ****** off that Nutbrown didn't take the quick tap. But I don't think he refused to take the kick because of it, I'm sure I saw Hook raise his hand just as Nutbrown was about to take the tap. Hook wanted the kick, why not I suppose, he was in good form tonight with the boot. And he slotted it nicely. Henson deffinately said something to the guy with the tee, something like 'nah I aint taking it'.

Since when is it the guy coming on with the tee who decides who's gonna take the penalty anyway? Noticed that with one of the earlier penalties, the tee was on it's way to the field instantly, looked like Holly was making all the choices, not the captain. Odd!

Latest posts