London Irish v Perpignan

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
London%20Irish.png
London Irish v Perpignan
Perpignan.png
</div>

Well it's new territory for Irish this weekend as they play their first knockout game in the Heineken Cup. Sadly for them recent form is a bit shakey and winning this competition may be their only avenue back into it next season so an unwelcome amount of unnecessary pressure already. Having said that they'll take confidence in their weekend win over Bristol.

The same can be said of Perpignan though and their most recent win is far more impressive to boot. Not many come away from the Pierre Rajon with a win in the Top 14 and given they had a bit of a gripe about the ref last time these two sides met an in form French side with a point to prove is not an enticing prospect for Irish.

So at this moment I'm siding with the Catalans but do Irish have the ability to make the semis???

Geez, there's a lot of banter over this one, calm yourselves people! D:

I think Irish will win, but will struggle for it.

USAP improved a lot, they defeated Paris in Jean-Bouin where the Stade Français had not lost since three years.

They are now fourth in the Top14 league table.

I don't know how good are the Exiles nowadays but it will be a tough battle to get the ball. USAP are playing a very different Rugby brand compared to Toulouse.

Irish's Lineout made the difference in the end. Casey and Kennedy were fantastic.

Most of those lineouts were created by Peter Hewat, excellent kicking form. Tagikakibau played brilliantly also.

USAP played poorly. They were brainless!

The most boring match of the four QF played on the week-end.

Latest posts