• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

London Irish v Worcester

A

An Tarbh

LondonIrish.png
Worcester.png

London Irish v Worcester

Venue: Madejski Stadium Date: Sunday, 15 March Kick-off: 1300

London Irish will be without injured England back Shane Geraghty (shoulder) for the visit of Worcester on Sunday.

Tom Homer comes in at full-back at full back while forwards Richard Skuse, Danie Coetzee,and Richard Thorpe are all recalled.

Ryan Powell starts at scrum-half for Worcester in place of Matt Powell, who is left out of the 22-man squad.

Hal Luscombe returns from injury to replace Alex Grove who suffered concussion against Northampton.

Darren Morris replaces the injured Tevita Taumoepeau in the front row.

Worcester Warriors forwards coach Tony Windo says the team need the fans behind them more than ever, despite their recent poor form.

"A true supporter is a person who will get behind us in this difficult time," Windo told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"It's harder to support a side when they are not doing so well.

"We are not shying away from the fact we want to be higher in the league and results haven't gone as well as we wanted them to.

"From my playing days, I know it makes a big difference. I appreciate the fact they are struggling with frustration as we all are.

"But we'll carry on working hard to come out the other side and give them something to cheer about as we did last season."

"For me, it's about those who support a side through thick and thin."

Worcester: Latham; Gear, Luscombe, Rasmussen, Garvey; Walker, R Powell: Mullan, Lutui, Morris, Rawlinson, Bowley, Talei, Sanderson, Horstmann.

Replacements: Black, Fortey, Kitchener, Collins, Arr, Carlisle, Benjamin

London Irish: Homer; Thompstone, Seveali'i, Mapusua, Tagicakibau, Catt (captain), Hodgson; Dermody, Coetzee, Skuse, Hudson, Johnson, Thorpe, Danaher, Hala'Ufia.

Replacements: Lea'aetoa, Buckland, Roche, Fisher, Armitage, Richards, Hickey

BBC Sport

Latest posts