• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

looks like things are dying off

Matt7557

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Old Blue
it looks like this game has run its course and modding is about done. Its sad really but we all did our best with it but at the end of the day we were given a game with a bad database with more bugs in it than a roach motel. At the end of my modding foray i felt like i was just polishing a turd. Getting frustrated everytime i would have a database crash made it unbearable.

sad to see the only good rugby game out there die out, wish I had the knowledge to get my player textures ingame and keep the scene going for a bit, sadly I'm clueless on how to do stuff other than replacin existing pssg files.

I think modders should focus on a specific league instead of overall game overhauls. This community will come alive again for the rugby world cup!

I think modders should focus on a specific league instead of overall game overhauls. This community will come alive again for the rugby world cup!
Totally agree.
Rc3 is still the best rugby game, the megapatch by LoupBlanc, Rudolph, Supersep and Cristian has Given a New life to it, so it's happening with new kits, boots and faces shared.

Some may have already got tired. Others do not have time. Some have families and they work.
I do not have much time lately, but when I have it I try to make some kits. It's something that takes time.
For RWC 2019 I plan to build a team to make the kits, a stable database where possible, logos, etc. (If someone wants) ;)

I barely even played Rugby Challenge 3, I simply modded it and helped modders where I could for the community. When the next rugby game worth a damn comes out I'll be right back doing what I do but until then I'd say my RC3 days are over unless I get requests from @colossss or some of the others I've helped over the years.

Some may have already got tired. Others do not have time. Some have families and they work.
I do not have much time lately, but when I have it I try to make some kits. It's something that takes time.
For RWC 2019 I plan to build a team to make the kits, a stable database where possible, logos, etc. (If someone wants) ;)
Yea i'm also just travelling for work. This time of the year usually busy.

But... if I have a look at my visual studio seems that a new version of the editor overhauled will be releasing early next year.
I also have a good idea of how a stable DB can be made, but requires everyone to follow the exact rules etc.. not that easy to achieve.

Yea i'm also just travelling for work. This time of the year usually busy.

But... if I have a look at my visual studio seems that a new version of the editor overhauled will be releasing early next year.
I also have a good idea of how a stable DB can be made, but requires everyone to follow the exact rules etc.. not that easy to achieve.

In a few weeks I will vacate and I will be able to work on the kits again.
Frans, that sounds very good. Hopefully one day we will achieve a stable database.

Latest posts