• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lote Tuqiri sacked by ARU.

Looking forward to finding out exactly why he was given the sack. Obviously he was a ********, but the ARU can't extrapolate as legal action is pending. Sounds pretty serious to me.

Some people just don't know how good they have it.

Sounds kinda serious, not really been a huge Lote fan, but never had anything against him either as a player. There's heaps of this off-field stuff going on lately, so it could be anything.

Wooow what a news ha?

I guess there was something very serious problem otherwise such a sudden break of project wouldn't happen and also withou a comments

haha now aussies can pick turner n mitchell n ioane who've actually got talent. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great job Robbie Deans!!!!!

There's little doubt that the ARU, were going to leave whatever it was in private between themselves and Tuquiri (with the exception of whatever cort news got out about it). Now that Tuqiri's fighting back though information will probably flow more freely. Will be interesting this one.

A kind of precedent is being set here, as this is going to influence other players who want to fight back against their employer even though they may have transcressed. Just personally, I have a feeling that the ARU have likely done this for good reason, but it seems to me that Tuqiri is going to try an oily legal route to getting all his contract money, which ain't going to win a lot of fans. Might've been better to sneak away and get another contract somewhere.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jul 2 2009, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There's little doubt that the ARU, were going to leave whatever it was in private between themselves and Tuquiri (with the exception of whatever cort news got out about it). Now that Tuqiri's fighting back though information will probably flow more freely. Will be interesting this one.

A kind of precedent is being set here, as this is going to influence other players who want to fight back against their employer even though they may have transcressed. Just personally, I have a feeling that the ARU have likely done this for good reason, but it seems to me that Tuqiri is going to try an oily legal route to getting all his contract money, which ain't going to win a lot of fans. Might've been better to sneak away and get another contract somewhere.[/b]

Seems quite complicated

So Tuqiri you think will fight for money and not for regain of team position?

And also if Tuqiri is accused (silently ;) ) by ARU for something very bad and horrible, how is he going to regain his image among fans? after he tries to press ARU for money they will declare the reasons of his project cut-off with great probability yes?

So what then? take money whatever it costs and sit home as a great looser?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jul 2 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jul 2 2009, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A kind of precedent is being set here, as this is going to influence other players who want to fight back against their employer even though they may have transcressed. Just personally, I have a feeling that the ARU have likely done this for good reason, but it seems to me that Tuqiri is going to try an oily legal route to getting all his contract money, which ain't going to win a lot of fans. Might've been better to sneak away and get another contract somewhere.[/b]

Seems quite complicated

So Tuqiri you think will fight for money and not for regain of team position?

And also if Tuqiri is accused (silently ;) ) by ARU for something very bad and horrible, how is he going to regain his image among fans? after he tries to press ARU for money they will declare the reasons of his project cut-off with great probability yes?

So what then? take money whatever it costs and sit home as a great looser?

[/b][/quote]

I guess before we can lay too much at his feet, we'll just have to see what he's supposed to have done, it just doesn't sound too good. The ARU isn't known for rushing to an out-right sacking, so this could be bad.

Off the field, I guess Taqiri wasn't the greatest sports person, and his form recently hasn't been impressive, however I always thought Taqiri has been a good player.

Sporting contracts are notoriously easy to terminate. A contracting party like the ARU would just have to show that Lote either breached an essential condition of the contract or 'seriously' breached an intermediary term. If he's done something like getting ****** and not turned up to a team meeting again, he doesn't have a hope in hades. If it's something relating to an intermediary term then he might be successful, but regardless he should have known that he's been living on borrowed time. No way John O'Neill is going to want to honour a multi-million dollar contract made by Flowers for a player who hasn't been doing a lot. Who knows though, we don't know what he's done, if he's done anything, and the nature of his agreement with the ARU. Just have to wait and see.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maccaweeny @ Jul 2 2009, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sporting contracts are notoriously easy to terminate. A contracting party like the ARU would just have to show that Lote either breached an essential condition of the contract or 'seriously' breached an intermediary term. If he's done something like getting ****** and not turned up to a team meeting again, he doesn't have a hope in hades. If it's something relating to an intermediary term then he might be successful, but regardless he should have known that he's been living on borrowed time. No way John O'Neill is going to want to honour a multi-million dollar contract made by Flowers for a player who hasn't been doing a lot. Who knows though, we don't know what he's done, if he's done anything, and the nature of his agreement with the ARU. Just have to wait and see.[/b]

Have heard that ARU are basically issuing a no comment on this for two reasons, contractual and the possibility of legal proceedings. This sounds like it driectly relates to code of conduct, so it'll be interesting.

Latest posts