• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lounge Mode?

Hamez

Academy Player
Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Bulls
I love playing sports games against mates, nothing is more fun than sitting down with 3 other mates and having a games day. So I do hope that offline multiplayer is an important part of this rugby.

I was playing Fifa 10 with some mates and it got me thinking, Lounge mode would be great for the new rugby game. For those who don't know what it is, it is a custom league for offline multiplayer, you play who ever you want and you recieve points at the end of the game depending on the results and how you came by them. It keeps all the stats like points for, against, fouls etc. It also gives you special things you can use before a game, like start with a headstart of 1,2 or 3 goals, get specific stats boosts for the game and many more. It allows you to add in new players at anytime and there is no fixed fixtures, just choose the 2 teams and play.

I think this would be perfect in the new rugby game. It has everything I want for offline multiplayer, stats tracking, "player profiles", results tracking and the ability to have like 16 profiles on the league board. If you could tie in custom tournaments with it, I think this would be the perfect offline multiplayer experience.

What do others think?

I really enjoy Lounge Mode in Fifa and had been talking about having something of that sort since the development of Rugby '04. I even emailed HB Studios way back then and suggested it. As online was not a real facility in console sports gaming at the time, I thought that offline multi-player would be hugely boosted by keeping stats for all of the offline friendlies that got played. Basically my email outlined the idea of having players select their name from a menu of offline players prior to a match and then the results of that match would go against their stat records for games against other human players.

When this all happened with Fifa '06, I was really surprised, but realised that the soccer community must've also thought of it and been more heavily behind the idea themselves. In any case Rugby needs this offline multiplayer is still a strong gaming option out there.

Hey, yeah "Lounge Mode" sound like an awesome idea. i'm not really into online gaming but love having a Boys Gaming Night!!! this would be an awesome addition to the game.
Great idea!

this is one of the things i wont most want most from rugby 12. i played rugby 08 allot and over half of my time was against or on the same team of my bro.The ranking system would be cool as it would allow us to settle who was better and lets face it playing a human is always different to playing a CPU, a lounge mode is a must have for rugby 12 !

Brilliant idea. This will stop me from having to manually record Friend Tournies results etc. Create a tourny must be linked to this for stats and rankings. Who won the most tournies, points for and against, most tries for and against. You should be able to create your own "lounge team". There should be some rules to make it interesting. eg: You can't have the same player in each team, a player can only be represented in one team in other words. Each gamer gets to choose one player at a time making it even on selection. Once a team has been created that team can be saved for that specific tourny. Depending on results and points earned a gamer may sell and purchase another player and add him to the squad.

Any other suggestions, this would be Super Fantastic!

Being able to play online will open extra income opportunities of downloadable additions.

Brilliant idea. This will stop me from having to manually record Friend Tournies results etc. Create a tourny must be linked to this for stats and rankings. Who won the most tournies, points for and against, most tries for and against. You should be able to create your own "lounge team". There should be some rules to make it interesting. eg: You can't have the same player in each team, a player can only be represented in one team in other words. Each gamer gets to choose one player at a time making it even on selection. Once a team has been created that team can be saved for that specific tourny. Depending on results and points earned a gamer may sell and purchase another player and add him to the squad.

Any other suggestions, this would be Super Fantastic!

Really like the 'selection process' idea. Having 'Create-a-team' would be pretty kool here too... otherwise there'd be fights over who gets to be the All Blacks (or whatever your national side is)
Creating a full tournament would be awesome! Weather it be a quick tri-nations type of thing or a larger format... having the option to have your own Super 15 or World Cup would be Awesome!!!

Latest posts