• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Luke lashes out

B

Bull

http://www.keo.co.za/2008/10/12/watson-lets-rip/

Mmm Luke calling white Afrikaners Dutchmen, is it then okay for me to call him a kaffir boetie? Point is he still doesn't deserve his spot in the Bok team and was forced into the squad. I applaud Jake White for keeping him out of the squad for as long as he could and not taking him to the WC. The problem with Watson is that he goes around thinking he's the **** and is bigger than the game of rugby. He also thinks he's tight with his black homies but in fact they don't give a **** about him.

Was just reading this on keo. He has quite the chip on the shoulder this one.
Play the victim and you will become the victim, Lukey.
And chirping your own team mates is stepping over the line, Burger is miles ahead of him on every level. Silly person to complain about really, Burger is a living legend and is loved by all Bok supporters.

Lol... he's - not - that - good.
It really has to come down to someone telling him that, and him to sit down!

http://www.keo.co.za/2008/10/13/watson-i-d...ate-afrikaners/

Puke Watson is in knee deep kak right now. SARU is calling an emergency meeting today to investigate and assess the comments he made. I have a feeling he's either 1) never wear the Bok again especially after saying he wanted to "vomit" on it, or 2) gonna get booed at every match he plays till the roof raisies off. He might as well leave SA rugby now, he's just dug his own grave. The public will NEVER let this die down, never.
What a bunch of unnecessary drama!

Hy't 'n lat vir sy eie gat gepluk.

He's now claiming that this was a private conversation that was recorded without his knowledge etc. and it can't be used against him. Well a few years back a telephone call between Andre Markgraaff and two brothers that played for Free State was also recorded without Markgraaff knowing about it. Needless to say Markgraaff still lost his job, so Luke can proclaim his innocence but it doesn't take away what he said.

Agreed, he must face the consequences. Playing the victim is gonna get him even more hatred. I really can't see him playing rugby in SA again, he's gonna take a lot of abuse for years to come.
It'll be interesting to see how this whole thing is gonna pan out..

I posted this in another thread, didn't really look around when I posted it so sorry, should've known - you lot are on the ball and sharp as ever.

It seems then that Cheeky Watson is trying to realise his springbok dreams through Luke if you go by Luke's comments that he was only a Springbok because of his father.

Luke is apparently a religious man... there is a stark similarity between Luke's attitude towards the Springbok and the three men that Nebuchadnezzar threw in the fire because they would not fall to their knees and pray to his image.

Just like them Luke is saying that he's not falling on his knees and praying to an image, how incredibly noble and awe inspiring to make such a stand....

BUT the difference is that Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego did not fall on their knees when they heard the horn and nothing would make them do it, they faced death by fire.... Luke on the other hand did.... he accepted it, he pulled the jersey brandishing the image he deplores over his head and he sang the anthem clutching at the symbol of the bok on his heart and standing shoulder to shoulder with his team mates.

Now if he truly was such a martyr for the cause and upstanding morally correct crusader, Luke Asher WAtson would have shunned the 'invitation' to play for the Bok in 07 - and then when faced with the fire he would have made his stand and given his reasons clearly and concisely - a Protest that would have sent ripples through the rugby world because it would have been done by not falling on his knees and pray to the Springbok, he would have emerged from the fire unscathed and full of integrity. Now all he is if these reports are true is a double standard Springbok whore - Hypocrite

Luke says that Danie Craven have said that no player of colour would play the sport but we've come a long way since those days - Doc Craven was obviously wrong and he lived in a time where those beliefs was the norm -even though it was wrong, he did not have Cheeky's open mind to disagree with it, that doesn't make him an evil person. Today we've got world class players that are South African from both european descent and african descent.

The struggle is over, Cheeky and Luke are the only remnants of it because it's a tool that elevates them to a moral high ground above the 'operessor' (whose children may I add, had nothing to do with orchestrating apartheid), without something to fight for they become just another family, but as long as they can keep the seperation between black and white alive they have a purpose.

South Africa, unite behind the Bok like we did on the day Mandela himself danced in a Springbok shirt, do not let this fool strike a wedge between us in the name of so called transormation any longer, and do not let false prophets brandishing the same labels (i.e Komphela) do the same any longer.

True transformation comes from seperating oneself from the past and living independently from the prejudices of our fathers. You should try it sometime Luke.

Put that in your peace pipe and smoke it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QKXV @ Oct 14 2008, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The struggle is over, Cheeky and Luke are the only remnants of it because it's a tool that elevates them to a moral high ground above the 'operessor' (whose children may I add, had nothing to do with orchestrating apartheid), without something to fight for they become just another family, but as long as they can keep the seperation between black and white alive they have a purpose.

South Africa, unite behind the Bok like we did on the day Mandela himself danced in a Springbok shirt, do not let this fool strike a wedge between us in the name of so called transormation any longer, and do not let false prophets brandishing the same labels (i.e Komphela) do the same any longer.

True transformation comes from seperating oneself from the past and living independently from the prejudices of our fathers. You should try it sometime Luke.[/b]
Very good post.

From my opinion it looks like non-white players are NOT blocked from playing for the Springboks if they are good enough. This would seem logical because really.....everyone wants to win....so coaches would want to choose the best players.

Of course with the quota system giving some non-whites a leg up there will be issues. I think the quota system encourages segregation by promoting inequality with promotion.

Watson has an issue with the struggle of the non-whites in South Africa...particularly when it came to rugby. He despises the history behind the Springbok emblem. Yes once upon a time it was a symbol of white supremacy in the republic......BUT NOT NOW! Get with the programme Watson...the Springbok emblem and that green jersey is now the symbol of a proud rugby nation with a proud historical record. The past may be a bit suspect but the positives of the past need to be taken now rather than the negatives. The rest of the world looks at the Springbok emblem and sees a great RUGBY nation with a great historical record. The rest of the world sees the GOOD things about the Springbok emblem (a strong rugby nation) and chooses to leave the negatives of Craven and Co behind. When Danie went on and on after South Africa won the RWC in 1995 we kiwis didn't really hold that aganst him because we saw a man who was proud of the RUGBY aspect of South Africa...something we can relate to....even if Craven is a bit arrogant and of the old world apartheid.

South Africa are bloody great at rugby. Now blacks are playing it too. This equality of play is the future of the game in the country. This is what Mandela wanted. After all they did to him, he was released from jail and put on a Springbok jersey. He did not spit on it, burn it, ban it, ban rugby, kick the whites out. He FORGAVE the hurts of the past and initiated the way towards a rainbow nation. He had a dream that the positives from both whites and non whites would form a stronger nation...not the negatives. If this had happened 80 years ago where both black and whites worked together as one towards building a powerful South Africa then the All Blacks would be seen as the best of the rest...South Africa would have been unbeatable with its speedy black backs and powerful white forwards. Mandela could see this and wants the country to go there....but people both black and white are like Watson and are holding onto the negatives of the past with resentment and unforgiveness.

NZ rugby is full of injustice...yet we don't look at the negatives of the past with resentment but instead try and take the positives from it all. The NZ Maori team has a proud history...but it was formed as a consolation team for Maori who were not allowed to tour the republic. Yes NZ used to select with prejudice when going to South Africa...Maori players were left behind! However the Maori today do not choose to complain about it.....it is over and unfortunate but now is the time to get it right and move on.

Watsons outburst at the Springbok jersey kind of reminds me of dropped All Blacks who whine about the AB jersey. You hear them go on about the state of NZ rugby when they are playing in their twilight years in the north. Carlos Spencer when not chosen for the AB squad but selected for the Maori squad to play the Lions said that playing for the Maori was the greatest honour he has ever had....more than playing for the All Blacks. This sounds like what is really happening with Watson. He just isn't good enough and is starting to whine using the race card. As earlier mentioned if he REALLY was an activist he would have said ages ago "I refuse to put on the Springbok jersey ever"

Stop adding to the problem Luke...forgive, grow up, stop whining...and become part of the solution. There are too many unforgiving angus people around in South Africa now who are just destroying what could be a great country.

Good post GG but just one thing..
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
When Danie went on and on after South Africa won the RWC in 1995 we kiwis didn't really hold that against him[/b]

Dr. Craven passed away in 1993.

But yeah Craven did say the Springbok jersey was not for black people in the beginning of his 37 year stint as head of SA Rugby. But he did include the 1st black Springbok, Errol Tobias, in the 80's who later played 24 times for the Boks. SA 2nd ever black Springbok, Avril Williams, was also included later along with Tobias under Craven's management term.
So Craven either buckled under international pressure or he challenged the values and morals he grew up with for the good of rugby. I personally think it's the latter since Craven was always a rugby man first and foremost, like when he passed the swing vote to allow the '87 RWC to take place after heavy opposition from the NH Unions (sound familiar? :p) even though SA would not take part. He was a visionary of the game (invented the 3-4-1 scrum formation and the diving scrum-half pass), and he thankfully changed his vision of SA Rugby as he got older by former the new SARFU in '92.

What we must not forget here is that Watson is the aggressor in this whole thing, he attacked Afrikaners and greats of the game simply due to the fact that they are Afrikaans. So asking him to forgive is to assume he is somehow a victim here. He is not. Among other things he said he hates that he loses his place in the team to an Afrikaner, Schalk Burger. I'm not sure if you call that racist, xenophobic or whatever, but he is obviously generalizing Afrikaners by somehow assuming that Burger is like the Afrikaners of the Apartheid era. That doesn't hold water as many of you'd know that Jerry Collins and Schalk Burger are quite good friends. When the Stormers play in Wellington, Jerry and his friends often pick up Burger at the team hotel and hang out.

Now I'm not an Afrikaner, so no real emotion here, but Watson is discriminating an entire ethnic group which according to our Constitution is illegal, and he should face the consequences after his hate speech. Plus he's just a prick! He causes trouble everywhere he goes. First the Sharks, then by WP and now in the Boks. I agree that more South Africans should be more unforgiving and apologetic but the only person who should be apologizing here is Watson.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Oct 14 2008, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Good post GG but just one thing..
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
When Danie went on and on after South Africa won the RWC in 1995 we kiwis didn't really hold that against him[/b]

Dr. Craven passed away in 1993.

[/b][/quote]
Lol...whoops my bad...so who was that guy at the after match function?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Oct 14 2008, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What we must not forget here is that Watson is the aggressor in this whole thing, he attacked Afrikaners and greats of the game simply due to the fact that they are Afrikaans. So asking him to forgive is to assume he is somehow a victim here. He is not. Among other things he said he hates that he loses his place in the team to an Afrikaner, Schalk Burger. I'm not sure if you call that racist, xenophobic or whatever, but he is obviously generalizing Afrikaners by somehow assuming that Burger is like the Afrikaners of the Apartheid era. That doesn't hold water as many of you'd know that Jerry Collins and Schalk Burger are quite good friends. When the Stormers play in Wellington, Jerry and his friends often pick up Burger at the team hotel and hang out.

Now I'm not an Afrikaner, so no real emotion here, but Watson is discriminating an entire ethnic group which according to our Constitution is illegal, and he should face the consequences after his hate speech. Plus he's just a prick! He causes trouble everywhere he goes. First the Sharks, then by WP and now in the Boks. I agree that more South Africans should be more unforgiving and apologetic but the only person who should be apologizing here is Watson.[/b]
Fully understand now...yep.

Gee losing his place to Burger....for starters his argument would only just hold if he were better than Burger...but he clearly is not! Whatever his reasons for hating Afrikaners he needs to get over them for goodness sake and especially for his own sake (though that might be too late now).

lol. Watson is such a Poon. Ever since i read what him and his family were up to in Jake White's book, i knew he was a *******. Anyway, i, myself am exactly 50% english and 50% afrikaans. So as far as name calling goes, i don't think it's really THAT bad. I was the only, and i mean ONLY english speaking guy in my high school, as it was an afrikaans high-school in a little town called Middelburg. Anyway, being the legend i am (*looks up at light shining through cloud around him*) i was friends with everyone.

Still though, i was english, and was often referred to by other school teams as a "sout-piel" translating into salt-dick, which is what a lot of afrikaners call the english. However, i laughed it off and merely called them Dutchman and "Boere" - which means farmer. They got way WAY more ****** off than me, so it usually ended up in a brawl. Oh wait, back on Topic:

He is a ****, and i am happy that it's one more loose forward we can cross off our list as contenders for the top 3 spots. Luke, i salute you! Stupid man.

I just read *tried to read* Watson's manuscript: http://www.keo.co.za/2008/10/14/what-watson-said/

I can't say that there is any coherence, it mainly lookls like rambling of a TV eveangelist to me. This man is a false prophet
brandishing a religion of so-called transformation.

You can't say you stand against something and then take it embrace it, profit from it and then try to rape it

I agree Jer1cho that using the term "Dutchman" is not that bad at all, in fact it's less insulting than "Soutie" but it's in the context it was used. Watson basically married "Dutchman" with "white supremist racist" in the way he was using the term.
Like I said "Dutchman" isn't that bad, it's a reference to heritage really, while "Soutie" comes from the Anglo-Boer war because the Boers reckoned the English had one foot in SA and the other in England with their dick hanging in the sea. Kinda funny but outdated, yet they tell everybody else to let go of the past...
ANYWAY, that's why AfriForum (the Afrikaans rights group) is in a tiz and is threatening to take Watson to court.

Well that was stupid, not only has he he got himself in trouble he's effectively ended his Springbok career. Those Watsons :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Oct 18 2008, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well that was stupid, not only has he he got himself in trouble he's effectively ended his Springbok career. Those Watsons :rolleyes:[/b]

Well if he meant what he said I doubt he really cares if his Springbok career is finished. Just imagine what it will be like for him playing in South Africa from now on, he'll probably head overseas.

Latest posts