• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lyon sign Ricky Januarie

Draggs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Top 14 Orange newcomers Lyon have strengthened their side for the 2011-12 season with the signing of Springbok scrum-half Ricky Januarie and former Wasps fullback Mark van Gisbergen.

Januarie joins on a two year deal from the Super Rugby franchise the Stormers and has previously enjoyed northern hemisphere rugby during a brief spell with the Ospreys.

Van Gisbergen, 33, will join the club after nine years at Adams Park and has signed a one-year contract plus an option for a further 12 months.

He will be joined at Lyon by former Biarritz centre Laurent Tranier, taking their summer signings to eleven.

Other luminaries joining the newly-promoted side include former Stade Francais and London Irish back-row Juan Manuel Leguizamon and Sale's Sisa Koyamaibole.

http://www.espnscrum.com/francetop14-2010-11/rugby/story/141293.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Province fans breathe a sign of relief.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's amazing news for the Capies. This means their team get's more than 3 recycled balls in 80 minutes ;)

I still wouldn't mind him coming back to the Ospreys. I keep saying it, but he was good for us.

I think your just upset at the absence of an orange man on your team since him and Gav.

Last edited:

Latest posts