Lyons in for Popham at Scarlets

Discussion in 'Guinness Pro12' started by Cymro, May 3, 2008.

1. Cymro

Cymro Guest

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

Rocky Elsom is what we heard, and we get this.....who is he again? :huh: :mellow:

4. Cymro

Cymro Guest

Good back row player you know ;)

5. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

He better be, we've had so many "very good" signings recently, I don't know what to believe. :S

6. danny

danny Guest

He`s a big ball carrying 8. Good signing for the Scarlets.

7. Cymro

Cymro Guest

Hes had 40 + caps for Australia and is a good player, suprised and your reaction really, would like to see him at the Blues to be honest!

8. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

Well, the point is we don't need a good ball-carrying number 8 half as much as we need a decent front row. I guess my reaction was a bit drastic, but really, our scrum and breakdown is what makes us suck so bad, and I don't see how signing another ball-carrier is going to make us go forward any more than we have been, since we'll be playing behind the same pack anyway!

9. Cymro

Cymro Guest

Greg Somerville was meant to be signing but I guess that is up in arms because of Davies leaving!

10. Vambo

Vambo Guest

What's the deal with Popham? He looked like he had the makings of an excellent player but as done little this season. Perhaps the change of scenery will do him good... hope so cos I like him.

11. Cymro

Cymro Guest

He only has one mode and teams have now worked him out. He is dropping further behind in the Welsh pecking order!

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!