Madejski Stadium tops rugby poll as 'best environment'

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by TRF_Cymro, Jun 24, 2010.

1. TRF_Cymro

TRF_Cymro Cymro The White

Country Flag:

Wales

Club or Nation:

Barbarians

[​IMG]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/london_irish/8757901.stm

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Teh Mite

Teh Mite TRF Legend

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Northampton

God knows who these 1500 people were, but of all the ones I've been to the Majeski is possibly one of the worst along with Edgeley Park and Vicarage Road (albeit with much more modern and clean facilities). No atmosphere there and the stadiums is just a generic, soul-less bowel.

Not a patch on Kningsholm (my favourite away trip), Welford Road (which will be outstanding once the refit is finished), FG, Sixways, The Stoop or even Adams Park (which is surprisingly good).

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  4. TRF_Cymro

TRF_Cymro Cymro The White

Country Flag:

Wales

Club or Nation:

Barbarians

Id like to know who where the 1,500 ... I guess it was a vote purely on the GP?

5. Teh Mite

Teh Mite TRF Legend

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Northampton

I think it was purely on London Irish fans.

6. MichaelBoard

MichaelBoard Senior Member

Country Flag:

Wales

I'd say Rodney Parade is both one of the best stadiums for atmosphere and one of the most intimidating for rival teams to play at. The parade being one of the few olden stadiums still in use can only fit about 9-10,000 in max ensuring that rival teams really hear us Dragons fans, cracking atmosphere on match day

7. Conal

Conal Senior Member

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Ulster

ravenhill has to be in the top 20 great atmosphere for ulster

8. TRF_SelimNiai

TRF_SelimNiai 'Ark at ee mun!

Country Flag:

Wales

Club or Nation:

Bristol

I always loved going to Kingsholm, was a tough but enjoyable atmosphere. The old Sixways goes down as my least fave, not been to new one yet.

9. Thingimubob

Thingimubob Senior Member

Country Flag:

Wales

Club or Nation:

Cardiff

:O how didn't the Cardiff City Stadium win... ¬¬ it's awesome if you like a generic, souless football stadium with no atmosphere.
    Suprised that the Madejski isn't the same - it's pretty much the same stadium as the City/Liberty since they're all really and truly football stadiums, not rugby.
    The only club grounds I've been to are the Arms Park (amazing atmosphere on big game days), the Memorial Stadium (that was a pretty good atmosphere, even if it is a very wierd looking stadium!), Cardiff City Stadium (it's also **** if you sit in the front rows and it rains - you get soaked!) and Stradey Park (brilliant atmosphere, easily one of the best).

10. hughorton

hughorton Junior Member

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Leicester

As a tigers fan I would always say Welford road has the best atmosphere Edgeley Park is pretty horrific I had no problems in vicarage road I actually thought it was quite good. May have had something to do with the fact Leicester put an end to Sarries unbeaten run. While I have not been to Thomond Park that looks phenomenal place to be and so intimidating Kingsholm would be more impressive if Gloucester were as good as the fans. When I have seen the Madejski it has has whole stands empty I have never seen it full I would like to know where they got those numbers from.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!