TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_48160358_madejskistadium226.jpg

The Madejski Stadium, home of London Irish, has topped a poll of rugby fans as the "best environment in which to watch rugby".

The survey, conducted for Rugby World magazine, was completed by almost 1,500 rugby fans.

The Madejski Stadium received nearly a quarter of all votes as the ground which offered supporters the best facilities on a match day.

Gloucester's Kingsholm was voted as the most intimidating place to visit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/london_irish/8757901.stm

God knows who these 1500 people were, but of all the ones I've been to the Majeski is possibly one of the worst along with Edgeley Park and Vicarage Road (albeit with much more modern and clean facilities). No atmosphere there and the stadiums is just a generic, soul-less bowel.

Not a patch on Kningsholm (my favourite away trip), Welford Road (which will be outstanding once the refit is finished), FG, Sixways, The Stoop or even Adams Park (which is surprisingly good).

Last edited:
Id like to know who where the 1,500 ... I guess it was a vote purely on the GP?

I'd say Rodney Parade is both one of the best stadiums for atmosphere and one of the most intimidating for rival teams to play at. The parade being one of the few olden stadiums still in use can only fit about 9-10,000 in max ensuring that rival teams really hear us Dragons fans, cracking atmosphere on match day

ravenhill has to be in the top 20 great atmosphere for ulster

I always loved going to Kingsholm, was a tough but enjoyable atmosphere. The old Sixways goes down as my least fave, not been to new one yet.

:O how didn't the Cardiff City Stadium win... ¬¬ it's awesome if you like a generic, souless football stadium with no atmosphere.
Suprised that the Madejski isn't the same - it's pretty much the same stadium as the City/Liberty since they're all really and truly football stadiums, not rugby.
The only club grounds I've been to are the Arms Park (amazing atmosphere on big game days), the Memorial Stadium (that was a pretty good atmosphere, even if it is a very wierd looking stadium!), Cardiff City Stadium (it's also **** if you sit in the front rows and it rains - you get soaked!) and Stradey Park (brilliant atmosphere, easily one of the best).

As a tigers fan I would always say Welford road has the best atmosphere Edgeley Park is pretty horrific I had no problems in vicarage road I actually thought it was quite good. May have had something to do with the fact Leicester put an end to Sarries unbeaten run. While I have not been to Thomond Park that looks phenomenal place to be and so intimidating Kingsholm would be more impressive if Gloucester were as good as the fans. When I have seen the Madejski it has has whole stands empty I have never seen it full I would like to know where they got those numbers from.

Last edited: