Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Munster
Munster.png
Versus%20Magners.png
Leinster.png

Leinster: I Nacewa, S Horgan, B O'Driscoll, F McFadden, L Fitzgerald, J Sexton, E Reddan; H van der Merwe, R Strauss, M Ross, L Cullen (cpt), N Hines, S O'Brien, S Jennings, J Heaslip.

Replacements:
A Dundon, C Healy, S Wright, D Toner, K McLaughlin, P O'Donohoe, I Madigan, E O'Malley.

Munster: F Jones, D Howlett, D Barnes, L Mafi, K Earls, R O'Gara, C Murray; M Horan, D Varley, J Hayes, D O'Callaghan, P O'Connell (cpt), D Ryan, D Wallace, J Coughlan.

Replacements: M Sherry, W du Preez, S Archer, D Leamy, N Ronan, P Stringer, P Warwick, J Murphy.

Referee: Nigel Owens (Wales)

Predictions for this match anyone!
Im thinking Munster 16 : Leinster 14
simply because Munster have a home advantage and they will be eager to end the season on a high!

Last edited by a moderator:
Will certainly be interesting,
Good chance Leinster will be without a few of their players too (a few of them picked up injuries in the semi and they'll be going all out in the HEC final which could put a few out)

I too think Munster will win after a very close game

A win for Munster could really help them. It would give their fans a trophy which they really need and it would give them something to build on. Personally I think if Leinster were to win the H-Cup it would be better for Irish rugby if Munster were to win the Mangers as it would mean all the provinces are doing quite well in atleast one competition. Also I think it would be fair if Munster were to win considering they blitzed the league so easily. On the other hand Leinster are the much better team and I would love them to do the double (obviously they need to win the Heineken first which is not going to easy)

Home advantage... In Dublin. You can thank the IRFU for that.

Really? There's a U-Turn Gordon Brown would be proud of.

Match fixed for 5:05 in Thomond park.
Leinster I think will turn us over but we just want younger lads to get great experience and for team to put up good fight.
If we keep it under 10 that will be decent.

It was never going to be in the Aviva. It wouldn't have benefited anyone but Leinster. It's not as if the IRFU would have gained anything considering that the gate receipts are kept by the league for prize money and the like. Fuss over nothing.

Aye, but Leinster were hardly impressive against Ulster though
True. They never got out of second gear yet beat a team who qualified for the Heineken Cup last eight, scored two tries, conceded none, never looked troubled and had Strauss, Ross, Boss, Sexton, O'Driscoll and Horgan either out or missing a large chunk of the game. Leinster had one eye on the Heineken Cup final also.

Munster haven't scored a try against Leinster in the last six meetings between the teams. I saw nothing from Munster which Leinster would fear. Despite looking good yesterday, Danny Barnes would be in for a torrid time if he was faced with O'Driscoll, D'arcy and Sexton running loops around him.

Agreed with Snoop we haven't got the team at the moment to beat Leinster.
This is just really a learning curve and if we can keep Leinster within 10points and maybe sneak a try it'll be good.

In fairness though Mantgm I think Leinster at moment are better than us (as units) everywhere except maybe there is equality in back 3 units

In fairness though Mantgm I think Leinster at moment are better than us (as units) everywhere except maybe there is equality in back 3 units

oh i'm not denying that but i still think D'arcy could pass the ball a bit more like!

Oh yes I agree but well he is in a superb unit with BOD.
Leinster really can put us to the sword and it will all depend on next Saturday and how they do

I saw nothing from Munster which Leinster would fear

What about Kieth Earls , douggie howlett and Lifeimi Mafi in attack? they have to be some of the most talented attacking backs in the magners league and Ronan controls the game blissfully.
And pack vs pack the only thing leinster have on munster is Sean O'Brien, Cian Healy ( who is up against the very experinced Mr Hayes) and Jamie Heaslip.

As an Ulster fan I'm looking forward to close even match from two teams that destroyed us this season , but I think munster will just get the edge on Leinster

What about Kieth Earls , douggie howlett and Lifeimi Mafi in attack? they have to be some of the most talented attacking backs in the magners league and Ronan controls the game blissfully.
And pack vs pack the only thing leinster have on munster is Sean O'Brien, Cian Healy ( who is up against the very experinced Mr Hayes) and Jamie Heaslip.

As an Ulster fan I'm looking forward to close even match from two teams that destroyed us this season , but I think munster will just get the edge on Leinster

Disagree

Healy > Horan
Strauss > Varley
Ross >> Hayes
Hines > O'Callaghan
Cullen < O'Connell
O'Brien >> Leamy/Quinlan
Jennings < Wallace
Heaslip >> Coughlan

Reddan/Boss = Murray
Sexton > O'Gara
Fitzgerald < Earls
D'arcy > Mafi
O'Driscoll >> Barnes
Horgan = Howlett (Say what you like, but Shaggy has been astonishingly good this season. Probably the best Irish winger at the moment)
Isa > Jones

We're a better team as a unit and man for man. Should win, but who knows? We've got quite a significant game beforehand so we'll see what state we're in after.

To be honest, D'arcy isnt a great centre, hes a gloryhole like!! i cant see what he brings to the team at all!

Obviously I think you're an idiot

To be fair, Cian Healy would have to lose both his legs to not get the better of John Hayes. The man offers absolutely nothing at all in any way anymore.

Last edited:

Latest posts