Magners League or Aviva Premiership or Top 14

• Magners League

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Aviva Premiership

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Top 14

Votes: 17 34.0%

• Total voters
I'd wager Toby Flood has shot and gutted a pheasant or two in his time - posh as anything.

The Currie Cup is boring as hell and it looks almost amateur in some matches (is it fully pro or semi-pro?)

Boring? The Currie Cup has an average of 6 tries per match, has a lot of tied scores (30-30, 29-28, 31,34) and a couple of draws even. On top of that, it's a lot of young talent playing, especially during a RWC year.

I don't understand the comparison to the Heineken Cup though. The Currie Cup is a domestic competition, Heineken Cup is continental. If you (not you, Olyy, the other guy haha) want to compare the Heineken Cup to a SH competition, pick the Super15.

Well, I am not going to get sucked into this whole SH/NH debate that is about to explode, since I enjoy matches on both hemispheres.

Thanks for highlighting my mistake so kindly. And yes to a Zen master that amkes sense.

I was about to go balistic WRT the last few posts comparing CC rugby to HC rugby then I saw this;

Northern hemisphere is inferior in rugby. Compare the heineken cup to the currie cup. The currie cup is played by men, real men not flimsy nh ladyboys. The currie cup is how rugby was meant to be played

Baboonhunter, heh? Sometimes the thing you seek is right in front of you... particularly if what is in front of you is a mirror.

That said, it's better than the Aviva Premiership if not quite the ML (hate the new name) or top14. HC is best rugby comp IMO (I include tests; RWC, 3N, 6N etc) ITO format and entertainment value.

EDIT; not that I don't think the CC is awesome but you can't compare it to the HC. It simply doesn't seek to do the same thing for one; one is a PROVINCIAL domestic (you'll struggle to find many foreigners) championship to unearth future stars and the other is the multinational pinnacle of NH CLUB (most teams sport at least 1/3 to 1/2 foreign stars) rugby.

Last edited:

Latest posts