• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Magners League -Welsh regions join the Middlesex Sevens

R

Rugby News

Welsh regions The Ospreys and The Dragons will compete in the Middlesex Sevens at Twickenham this year, along with previous winners the British Army and National One promotion favourites Leeds Carnegie. Those four teams will join the twelve Guinness Premiership teams to make a sixteen team competition.

http://www.magnersleague.com/570_2711.php

hmmm, have never paid any attention to the Middlesex sevens before, so now's my chance I guess. Wonder why only the Dragons and Ospreys are joining, and not the Blues and Scarlets. I mean half the Welsh Sevens team were Blues players for the last two events last season. Anyway, guessing they only show the tournament on Sky? Or do they show it on like the local Middlesex BBC channel, like they do with the Melrose Sevens?

Are the teams being announced anytime soon? And I love how Llanelli don't join - the one tournament we'd be good at, sevens, and we don't give it a shot. <_< Regan King would win it by himself.

Saw this ages ago and Ive seen the Middelsex sevens and its quite good to be fair, remember seeing footage of one year where a team won the cup by just mauling!

Saw this ages ago and Ive seen the Middelsex sevens and its quite good to be fair, remember seeing footage of one year where a team won the cup by just mauling! [/b]

In Sevens?!?! How the hell does that work?

<div class='quotemain'> Saw this ages ago and Ive seen the Middelsex sevens and its quite good to be fair, remember seeing footage of one year where a team won the cup by just mauling! [/b]

In Sevens?!?! How the hell does that work?
[/b][/quote]

Yes I kid you not, basically they were a bunch of forwards who had the rolling maul done amazingly well and thats what they did!

The draw in full is as follows:

Dragons v London Irish
Newcastle Falcons v Northampton Saints
Harlequins v Leeds Carnegie
Sale Sharks v Ospreys
Gloucester Rugby v Bath Rugby
Worcester Warriors v Bristol Rugby
Leicester Tigers v London Wasps
Saracens v British Army

YES! Sale v Ospreys ftw! Now all we need is McAlister and Henson in the line-ups and we'll be in for an exciting afternoon. :D

Newcastle are going to lose everything this year. Couldn't think of a nicer team for it to happen to.

Latest posts