• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Major League Rugby

Disappointing for Canadian rugby that the Arrows couldn't make it. I liked the last three tries scored by the Legion in a losing cause.

Ouch. Rumours suggest salary cap breach.
I got an email about it earlier and have been hearing rumors for the past month or so that the Austin Gilgronis are for sale. I sure hope so. As you know their owner Adam Gilchrist also owns the Los Angeles Giltinis. One egomaniac who names two teams after himself and booze (negroni and martini). It's so lame. :rolleyes: My Legion "might" move up into the vacant playoff spot depending on the outcome of the Seattle vs Los Angeles game. Lot's of fingers crossed here in San Diego.

1654295832754.png

Last edited:
Congratulations Joe Pietersen of the San Diego Legion. :cool:

1654308293393.png

2022 MLR Playoffs - Elimination Round

Saturday, June 11th (2:30pm ET)
1654476562531.png
@1654476536158.png

Sunday, June 12th (3:00pm ET)

1654476162534.png@1654476591443.png

Last edited:
Pretty crazy that MLR has a better playoff format (top two get a bye) than Super Rugby. Tough break for Legion that Seattle won away in LA with the Giltinis presumably having nothing to play for. A nice looping pass for one of their tries.

Yeah, relying on other teams is never a good feeling. The Legion only have themselves to blame, just one win shy of making the playoffs. Better luck next season in the brand new 35 K seat (expandable to 55 K) Snapdragon Stadium here in San Diego. :cool:

1654548866263.png

Last edited:
so the one group willing to pour money into US professional rugby has had both their teams booted

Any word on what they've done?

Looks like the backroom mess ups of tier 2 international rugby is leaking into the club game as well

Any word on what they've done?

Looks like the backroom mess ups of tier 2 international rugby is leaking into the club game as well
rumors are draft tampering or salary cap breaching.

the draft tampering would be kind of crap since the guys just wouldn't play in MLR they would just play club rugby. Basically guys just tell clubs that they are only going to play for one team so the other clubs don't draft them. Can't blame them cause I wouldn't want to move to a random city for $20k a year.

Rumor has it that Gilchrist's team in Austin is for sale. And now that LA has been DQ'd too, my Legion are in the playoffs. :cool: They play @ Seattle on June 12th. Houston nows get the bye that LA had before they got busted.

Last edited:
Also unsubstantiated rumours it's to do with not paying bills. Very strange about Austin since Magie retired from internationals to take up a post with them.

At least it was resolved before we were into the playoffs or it would have been carnage.

Latest posts