• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Major League Rugby

Any word on a possible Chicago team? The Lions have been a top team for years and the number of youth and high school programs in the area only continues to grow.

Any word on a possible Chicago team? The Lions have been a top team for years and the number of youth and high school programs in the area only continues to grow.

Not that I've heard of as yet. St. Louis, Missouri is supposed to be in the mix as far as the Midwest goes and possibly Columbus, Ohio as well. If I hear anything about Chicago I'll be sure to post it here.

Major League Rugby's fourth season begins this month. :cool: We Are Legion!

No more streaming games on ESPN+, but MLR has added FS1 and FS2. They already had a deal with CBS Sports Network which will continue this season. This new deal is better for MLR financially, but I'll miss being able to stream games on demand on ESPN+. My DVR only allows me to record one program at a time so I miss a lot of games.

Last edited:
Looks like illegal streaming for me if it's not on ESPN+ because I don't have cable.
In the past MLR posted their games on YouTube a few days after they were originally played. Hopefully they'll do it again this year. Stay off of social media and sports websites so you don't know the scores and you can watch them that way. I've done it a few times over the years. I don't know how you'd go about illegal streaming? But the YouTube option is there if you need it. Best wishes.

Major league rugby has launched it's streaming service it call the rugby network for international viewers it's free I don't know what the story is for North Americans I just signed up for it
Thanks Simon. This is what it say's about it on the MLR website - Beginning with MLR's opening weekend, four matches will be streamed live to North American audiences, with all six matches available for replay. Overseas fans can stream all MLR matches live.

I've got a question for you. Is Global Rapid Rugby out of business now that the Western Force is back in Super Rugby?

Last edited:

Latest posts