• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Major League Rugby

Article about Major League Rugby in American Way magazine. :)

Great,in fact rugby needs some advertising as a sport (outside T1 countries of course). And that's an interesting article
Winston Churchill described rugby as "a hooligans' game played by gentlemen."
I know this expression but didn't know that was Churchill who said it :rolleyes:

Great,in fact rugby needs some advertising as a sport (outside T1 countries of course). And that's an interesting article

I know this expression but didn't know that was Churchill who said it :rolleyes:

In regards to politicians and rugby, here's an article from 2018 that I think you might find interesting. I sure did. :cool:

In regards to politicians and rugby, here's an article from 2018 that I think you might find interesting. I sure did. :cool:

Jesus, I didn't know Bill Clinton and Dwayne Johnson played rugby!
Especially Bill surprised me! I have a "warm feeling" to Clinton: I started to listen to jazz because of him I'd say, many-many years ago I saw an old video with him playing on saxophone "In the mood" and loved that music(so thanks to him). And now that! Really surprised :D sorry for the offtop :D

It was fantastic to see my Free Jacks in their victorious home opener... Go Free Jacks this weekend, you can beat the Legion!

I'll be at the second home game a week from tomorrow, I can't wait! MLR is SO much better this year!

It was fantastic to see my Free Jacks in their victorious home opener... Go Free Jacks this weekend, you can beat the Legion!

I'll be at the second home game a week from tomorrow, I can't wait! MLR is SO much better this year!
Your Free Jacks jumped out to a 21-0 lead. My Legion improved in the second half, but the hole was just too deep to climb out of. Kudos!

1619914317146.png

Last edited:
It's actually an Oscar Wilde quote I'm pretty sure.

Wilde said, "Rugby is a good occasion for keeping thirty bullies far from the centre of the city." From this article, no one's positive who said it. Oh well...I love a good mystery. :D

1619987419602.png

Last edited:

Latest posts