• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Major League Rugby

San Diego Legion (my team) started working out today at the new Snapdragon Stadium. It's their home pitch now and it holds 35K and expands to 55K. 👍

1668056940246.png

2023 MLR schedule - the new Chicago team is listed as CHI because they haven't chosen an official team name or logo yet.

Last edited:
It looks like Major League Rugby Commissioner George Killebrew has held on to his job after all. It was reported earlier by various outlets that he was on the outs. I guess he knows where the bodies are buried. ;)

Last edited:
First it was Rugby Union New York, then Rugby New York, and now they've changed their name again.

1670886317659.png

Gold steps down as US head coach after a decidedly bronze effort.

Wild speculation that serial failure Andy Robinson could be lined up by WR. Say it ain't so. Hope the Lawrence guy gets a shot if it's not Ledesma or someone else with some kind of track record.

Considering how much success local-ish coaches have been having at other tier 2 sides I hope we go for Lawrence or a South American. A world rugby retread or Eddie jones would not work.

Gold steps down as US head coach after a decidedly bronze effort.

Wild speculation that serial failure Andy Robinson could be lined up by WR. Say it ain't so. Hope the Lawrence guy gets a shot if it's not Ledesma or someone else with some kind of track record.
I saw the story that Gold quit yesterday on Twitter and I was pleased. I don't dislike Gold personally, but his record just wasn't good enough. I'm pretty sure he was given the option to step down or be fired. As far as his replacement goes, I too hope it's not Robinson.

Considering how much success local-ish coaches have been having at other tier 2 sides I hope we go for Lawrence or a South American. A world rugby retread or Eddie jones would not work.
Definitely Lawrence over Jones. I hope USA Rugby interviews as many candidates as possible.

As a British rugby fan, I love the way MLR is showing how running a single entity league can work to develop the game.

Think that PRL could look at this model and try to work it out.

I also love tge kits they bring out from Paladin

As a British rugby fan, I love the way MLR is showing how running a single entity league can work to develop the game.

Think that PRL could look at this model and try to work it out.

I also love tge kits they bring out from Paladin
Do you have a favorite MLR team? If not, you're always welcome here in sunny San Diego. :cool: We've got a brand new stadium. We Are Legion!

1672708910578.png

Latest posts