TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
Springboks_down.jpg

The Springbok's major sponsor Sasol will end it's sponsorship of South Africa's World Cup winning rugby team at the end of the 2010 season.

Sasol Ltd, who are the biggest maker of fuel from coal failed to agree on renewal terms with the sport's governing body.

The six year deal which was valued at 150 million rand (USD $20 million) will come to an end and covered the Springboks and the country's sevens rugby team and its so-called ‘A' and under-20 sides.

"We're very proud of our association with the Springboks and had certainly hoped our significantly increased offer would have found traction with the union," Sasol's Senior Group Executive, Lean Strauss, said in a statement.

http://www.rugbyweek.com/news/article.asp?id=26512

Wonder who'll be the new sponsor, they've obviously stumped up some serious cash

Wonder who'll be the new sponsor, they've obviously stumped up some serious cash

I have the same question. Someone else must be seriously greasing the palms of the SARU to move on. Curious to see who it is.

I think SASOL are embarrased by SA administration and comments and do not want to be associated with "SNOR"!

So... Who will be the new sponsor? Any suggestions? Maybe Castle Lager again? Vodacom? Maybe a bank, Absa, FNB, Nedbank, Standard Bank? Maybe my old employer Nashua hehe... Who knows.

Latest posts