• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Make me Laugh, TRF

In making reference earlier in the week to marketing disasters, I came across some famous campaign slogans and names that didn't translate all that well to foreign markets. Check these out.

Chevy Nova did not sell well in South and Central America. "No va" means "it doesn't go" in Spanish.

Coors had a translation problem with their "Turn It Loose" campaign. In Spanish it means "Suffer From Diarrhea". Although that could just be truth in advertising.

The Spanish language was no friend to chicken czar Frank Perdue. His slogan, "It takes a strong man to make a tender chicken" translated to "it takes an aroused man to make a chicken affectionate."

More Spanish: When Parker Pen introduced a ball-point pen in Mexico, its ads were supposed to have read, "It won't leak in your pocket and embarrass you." The ads really read: "It won't leak in your pocket and make you pregnant!"

"Mist" is slang for "manure" in German. So Clairol's "Mist Stick" didn't have the desired effect.

In China, Pepsi's "Come Alive With the Pepsi Generation" translated into "Pepsi Brings Your Ancestors Back From the Grave". And it's refreshing!

Finally, this was my favorite: When Gerber started selling baby food in Africa, they used the same packaging as in the US, with that cute baby on the label. Trouble is, in Africa, companies routinely put pictures on the labels of what's inside, since many people can't read. Yum!!

http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2011/04/international-marketing-fiascos.html

The FA have been investigating Wayne Rooney's foul-mouthed celebration at the weekend. He looked into a camera and shouted, "F**k off! What? F**k off!"

They have found that he was just having an argument with his reflection.

I have invented a device that increases the size of peoples basements.

Its gonna be a big celler

This was apparently done as a **** take as the show was being cancelled...I just hope it was aired :p

Last edited by a moderator:

This whole show is hilarious but this episode, and especially the ending, was the best one so far!

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you make Banahan cross? Tell your standoff to throw a dummy.

A man walks into a bar ....

"What can I get you?" asks the barman

"I'll have an Osama Special"

"Whats that?"

"Two shots and a splash of water"

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nGeKSiCQkPw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A helium cloud floats into a bar, to which the bartender says

" Aye you, we don't serve noble gasses in here!"

The cloud didn't react

A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that the teller's name is Patricia Whack. So he
says, "Ms. Whack, I'd like to get a loan to buy a boat and go on a long vacation."

Patti looks at the frog in disbelief and asks how much he wants to borrow. The frog says $30,000. The teller asks his name and the frog says that his name is Kermit Jagger and that it's OK, he knows the bank manager.

Patti explains that $30,000 is a substantial amount of money and that he will need to secure some collateral against the loan. She asks if he has anything he can use as collateral.

The frog says, "Sure. I have this." And he produces a tiny pink porcelain elephant, about half an inch tall. It's bright pink and perfectly formed.

Very confused, Patti explains that she'll have to consult with the manager; and disappears into a back office. She finds the manager and reports: "There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you, and he wants to borrow $30,000. And he wants to use this as collateral."

She holds up the tiny pink elephant. "I mean, what the heck is this?"

So the bank manager looks back at her and says: "It's a knick knack, Patti Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone."

A lump of tarmac walks into a bar. He shouts at the barman ''Get Me a Drink Now''. The barman rushes and gets him a drink.
A few minutes later a lump of red tarmac comes into the bar and the first piece of tarmac jumps under the table.
The barman then says to the tarmac ''Not so tough now'' which the tarmac answers ''Are you joking, He's a cyclepath'' :lol:

A lump of tarmac walks into a bar. He shouts at the barman ''Get Me a Drink Now''. The barman rushes and gets him a drink.
A few minutes later a lump of red tarmac comes into the bar and the first piece of tarmac jumps under the table.
The barman then says to the tarmac ''Not so tough now'' which the tarmac answers ''Are you joking, He's a cyclepath'' :lol:
OMG! That is awful. So why am I laughing?

...This grasshopper walks into a bar, and the bartender says "Hey! We have a drink named after you!" The grasshopper replies "Really? You have a drink named Steve?!"

Latest posts