• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Make Your Ocenianic XV

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulon
So from basically NZ, Aus and the Pac Islands (Fij, Sam, Ton). The concept is to make a 23-strong squad from a whole continent, one which does share a common style of running Rugby, so there's some coherence to it.

I'll go first:

1 Slippah
2 Avei
3 Kepu
4 Retallick
5 Whitelock
6 Kaino
7 Hoopah
8 Read
9 A.Smith
10 Cruden
11 Savea
12 Conrad Smith (SBW now ?)
13 Kuridrani
14 Nalaga
15 Folau
16 Mealamu ?..
17 Woodcock
18 O. Franks
19 Tekori
20 Palu
21 don't know...ffffipps ?
22 Burnurd Foley
23 Ben Smith

Note: I understand C.Smith is a 13 traditionally, but this seems the best midfield comb. for me..

Last edited:
It would just be the AB's squad with a couple of South Africans and an Australian or two mixed in.

1.Slipper 2.Coles 3.Franks 4.Retallick 5.Whitelock 6.Kaino 7.Pocock 8.Read 9.Smith 10.Carter 11.Savea 12.SBW 13.Goneva 14.Smith 15.Folau
16.Paulo 17.Mulipola 18.Faumuina 19.Skelton 20.Hooper 21.Matawalu 22.Giteau/Cooper 23.Ranger/AAC/JOC/Gear/Nalaga/Nagusa.....(Hardest position to pick)

If you are playing open running rugby then I would want him there.

1. Crockett
  2. Moore
  3. Franks
  4. Retallick
  5. Whitelock
  6. Kaino
  7. Hooper/Pocock/Gill (any of these guys really)
  8. Read
  9. Will Genia
  10. Barrett
  11. Savea
  12. Nonu (wallabies probably have a better set or 'tweeners' at 12, but none scream out good enouygh to beat nonu)
  13. Smith
  14. Folau
  15. Ben Smith
  16. Slipper
  17. Dane Coles
  18. Horwill
  19. Luatua (cover for 6/8 and lock)
  20. McCaw (cover for 6, 7, 8)
  21. Aaron Smith
  22. Dan Carter
  23. Dagg

I f that back 3 was real life - wow. What's the record for most points in a match? :p

The only Australians I would have are Moore, Folau (on the right wing) and maybe Hooper. McCaw would play at 6. Kuridrani would make the team on 2014 form but I think Conrad Smith is the better player overall.

It would just be the AB's squad with a couple of South Africans and an Australian or two mixed in.

but isn't South Africa in Africa though ?...I know, weird interjection from my part, just playing my role here, you know..

Lol whoops, what a dummy.

Scratch the South Africans then ;)

that's perfectly alright, I tend to read things too quickly and already have my mind set on my answer too. It's because we're brilliant minds, do not apologize. But because of your impardonable offense I will have to ask you that I call you Fister Mish, a mastermind anagram-pun of your nickname, for the next 2 or 3 times we converse...

Kuridrani would make the team on 2014 form but I think Conrad Smith is the better player overall.

Since the beginning of the professional era I feel like most centre combinations are best utilized with one powerful runner and one more tactically astute player. For example I think Conrad or Ben Smith would best be utilized next to Nonu or Fekitoa while Kuridrani is better next to someone like Toomua. To be fair South Africa had great success in the past with two powerful runners in De Villiers and Fourie while Ireland used two tactically adept centres in Darcy and O'Driscoll but in general I find the Umaga/Carter and Mauger, Bateman/Gibbs, Giteau/Mortlock combos work best

Since the beginning of the professional era I feel like most centre combinations are best utilized with one powerful runner and one more tactically astute player. For example I think Conrad or Ben Smith would best be utilized next to Nonu or Fekitoa while Kuridrani is better next to someone like Toomua. To be fair South Africa had great success in the past with two powerful runners in De Villiers and Fourie while Ireland used two tactically adept centres in Darcy and O'Driscoll but in general I find the Umaga/Carter and Mauger, Bateman/Gibbs, Giteau/Mortlock combos work best

I agree. I would love to put in Kuridrani and Conrad Smith but neither has a reputation for playing 12.

Latest posts