• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Malaysia: 7th CIMB FOUNDATION-COBRA SCHOOLS RUGBY 10s

Sukandaily.com.my

Academy Player
Country Flag
Malaysia
Hye all,

I'm from Malaysia. Individually & independently to give a full support for Malaysia rugby scene & expose it to all of you without any profit. It just a passion as all of you here. I wish i can share some photos & any news/results here.

So for my second posting, i would like to share some photos & stories about local rugby scene in Malaysia. All photos, logo, media, and articles are copyright to their original owners as maybe i also take it from anywhere as long as related with event.

Cheerrs!

7th CIMB FOUNDATION-COBRA SCHOOLS RUGBY 10s
This was an event jointly organized by CIMB Foundation and COBRA Rugby Club. A rugby tournament for the Under-16 age category and an equivalent of a national schools championship. Participated by top schools from each state. Each state picks the champion school (previous year under 15 state champions) for this event.

On behalf of the Organizing Committee.
7th CIMB FOUNDATION-COBRA SCHOOLS RUGBY 10s

CATEGORY : UNDER-16 AGE GROUP
DATE : 3 OCTOBER 2010
VENUE : KELANA JAYA SPORTS COMPLEX

RESULTS (FINALS)
================

CUP WINNER : SM SAINS POKOK SENA (KEDAH) (def SM SAINS KOTA TINGGI JOHOR (JOHOR) 15-0)

PLATE WINNER : SM SAINS SELANGOR (KUALA LUMPUR) (def SBPI GOMBAK (SELANGOR) 13-10)

BOWL WINNER : SEKOLAH SUKAN BANDAR PENAWAR (SSM) (def SM SAINS SULTAN MAHMUD (TERENGGANU) 27-7)

SHIELD WINNER : SBPI SELANDAR (MELAKA) (def SM SULTAN ALAM SHAH (PUTRAJAYA) 12-0)

Credit: http://www.arfu.com/news.php?act=read&id=249&news=%26%238206%3B7th+CIMB+FOUNDATION-COBRA+SCHOOLS+RUGBY+10s

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

More photo: http://www.sukandaily.com.my/v3/ind...view=gallery&Itemid=7&g2_itemId=499&g2_page=1

*p/s Please advice me if i posted on wrong board. thank you

Last edited:
great pics - just a couple of questions

Is 10 aside the most popular form of the game in Malaysia, or is the 15 aside or 7 aside game more popular, and is there regular competition with other nations in the area

great pics - just a couple of questions

Is 10 aside the most popular form of the game in Malaysia, or is the 15 aside or 7 aside game more popular, and is there regular competition with other nations in the area

Actually this is a famous question for rugby enthusiasm outside from Malaysia :) and a best person to answer this question is from rugby associations or organizer(of course still rugby bodies) it self. But personally from what i see, all of this is depend on participants or organizer it self. What i mean is like this, for sport/rugby development itself among youth/junior mostly got all side (10/15/7/etc) tournament as to give early exposure and mostly for senior/yearly tournament mostly 7 or 10 side. It's hard to explain because all of this it up to organizer to held tournament.

Frankly speaking, mostly rugby lover here what they know is just play:) Everybody passionate into this game. If their not play for team anymore due life commitment, they will come to watch a game & give a support. Malaysia have a big crowd into this game but sounds like no body know(especially for Malaysian youth that start to love this game) as this game also not have a good coverage on local mainstream media bodies.

Sorry for my english.

Latest posts