Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Connor Murray

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Jamie George

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kyle Sinkler

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
For NZ Kaino for me the difference between NZ with him and then without him is pretty big.
I agree he's clearly a hugely important player to them but due to him not playing much of the 2nd Test I wouldn't really consider him when you factor in the form of some of the other players.

Also, I think it's becoming clear that Beauden plays so much better outside of Perenara. Hansen needs to start him.

For NZ Kaino for me the difference between NZ with him and then without him is pretty big.
I agree he's clearly a hugely important player to them but due to him not playing much of the 2nd Test I wouldn't really consider him when you factor in the form of some of the other players.

Also I think it's become glaringly obvious that Barrett plays to much better outside of Perenara. Hansen should really consider starting him.

Sinckler is on the B&I list so Kaino can be on the NZ list damn it.

For Lions Davies for me, I will say that i was a Davies supporter going into the tour and was one of the few englishmen who thought Davies should be starting coming into the first test and i was right as usual.

Itoje for me was superb.
Davies and SOB were real contenders.
Others had fits.
Warburton did prove me wrong even though I don't agree with how he got in he did play well.
Farrell for coolness kicking.
Liam Williams that 1st test was unreal.
Sexton really steadied midfield when playing.
Murray was a real commander.
Furlong is a complete unsung hero

I think Farrell was too poor in regards to every aspect of his game other than kicking today to be considered the best on tour.

Owen Farrell for me. Took all the pressure kicks incl the winner in 2nd test + 'equaliser' in 3rd test. Excellent defender as well.
His kicking has more bearing on the series outcome than any other player.

Murray would be a close second.

Last edited:
Played himself out of contention today with those lineouts IMO.

True, he didn't have his best game when under pressure but he's been solid all tour, scrummaged well and been effective (but not spectacular) at the breakdown.

What about an NZ man of the series?
I'd say it's between Retallick, Cane and Read. Due to the sentimental value of Read being captain and him reaching his 100th I imagine it'll go to him (That's if they nominate a man of the series, do they?)

Read, Retallick or Aaron Smith for me.

Owen Farrell for me. Took all the pressure kicks incl the winner in 2nd test + 'equaliser' in 3rd test. Excellent defender as well.

I agree. If Barrett had been goal kicking for the Lions NZ would have won the series.

If Maro had started the first test, he would have probably been my pick (he would've had to have imploded in that match not too) but taking that into consideration... probably JD2, with Murray, Faletau and Furlong close behind.

The one man who did more than anyone else to shift the momentum of the series towards the Lions was SBW. Give that man a red shirt.

If that's not allowed then JD2 for me. Very impressed, especially as at outset most of us would've picked JJ ahead of him.

Murray would be a close second.

Farrell an excellent defender? Not today, dunno the stats by I think he was in danger of missing more tackles than he made.

I agree. If Barrett had been goal kicking for the Lions NZ would have won the series.

Farrell is normally a very good defender but he had a shocker today. He made double digit number of mistakes in the first half hour alone.

Davies or Itoje for me. The direction Sexton provided was invaluable too.

Farrell is normally a very good defender but he had a shocker today. He made double digit number of mistakes in the first half hour alone.

He is only human. His errors don't cost games though like SBW and are more than offset by his point scoring.
He kept the Lions in the game in last 2 tests. Without him NZ would have won.

Last edited:

Latest posts