Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Connor Murray

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Jamie George

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kyle Sinkler

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
His errors don't cost games though like SBW and are more than offset by his point scoring. He kept the Lions in the game in last 2 tests. Without him NZ would have won.

He came up out of the line to confront no one resulting in Barretts try. He threw an intercept that could easily have led to another. He gave up penalties for high tackles too. You only didn't notice because the circle jerk for Sky seemed oblivious to Farrells contribution in the game.

Credit where its due for the kick. He is a brilliant man to have in those situations.

The great thing about Faz isn't necessarily what he does, but what he represents. He's competitive to to his core and has the mental strength to blot out what's gone before. Would George Ford have bounced back from that horror first quarter to kick those goals under that pressure?

Itoje's from the same mold. He makes mistakes, but he's constantly up for it and in the opposition's face.

Eng are lucky to have both of them.

PS. It's easy to overlook that Faz is a 10 playing out of position internationally.

The great thing about Faz isn't necessarily what he does, but what he represents. He's competitive to to his core and has the mental strength to blot out what's gone before. Would George Ford have bounced back from that horror first quarter to kick those goals under that pressure?

Itoje's from the same mold. He makes mistakes, but he's constantly up for it and in the opposition's face.

Eng are lucky to have both of them.

PS. It's easy to overlook that Faz is a 10 playing out of position internationally.
Must be a Sarries thing

But to be fair he did bounce back and even kicking at goal he never lets a previous kick effect him

Itoje is just a freak of an athlete and the thing is he hasn't hit his prime strength etc yet

Itoje, for saying, in one of the warm up games, "Oh, shut up!" in his best public school accent. Moment of the tour for me!

Might be biased as a Welshman, but going for Jonathan Davies.

Overall though, what a fantastic tour - it has had its ups and downs, but the end result is that the Lions are still credible and the shirt still means something.

The naysayers will not like it, but this tour for me is up there with 1997 as an epic feat. A drawn series is also a first (I believe, though I am happy to be corrected) and against the All Blacks it was a fantastic achievement.

He came up out of the line to confront no one resulting in Barretts try. He threw an intercept that could easily have led to another. He gave up penalties for high tackles too. You only didn't notice because the circle jerk for Sky seemed oblivious to Farrells contribution in the game.

You're not looking at the big picture. We're talking about the player of the series.

A few defensive lapses in one game don't tell the whole story. Itoje is a star but he didn't square the series. Farrell did.

I voted Itoje, just ahead of Davies.
Itoje has something else, he's talismanic.
The players around him rally to him already, like a Martin Johnson kind of leadership.
The kid is marked for greatness.

Davies; he may be the best center in the world right now.
Dynamite player.

I agree. If Barrett had been goal kicking for the Lions NZ would have won the series.
Yes, but equally, if BB had been playing FH for the Lions, then the Lions would likely have won the tour.

As for the thread itself - JD2 would be getting my vote; and I'm not generally a fan of his, and wouldn't have selected him for the first test; but hsi form has been outstanding. Itoje more of a talisman, but Davies played above his skillset IMO.

You're not looking at the big picture. We're talking about the player of the series.

A few defensive lapses in one game don't tell the whole story. Itoje is a star but he didn't square the series. Farrell did.
Mate!!!! Really? You're not going to make a player 'Man of the Series' for kicking penalties. That's just sad.

Latest posts