• Total voters

Maverick1987

First XV
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Leicester
has it been announced ?

If not it HAS to be Maro Itoje imo . He's just been excellent every game he's played

I'd say SOB but wouldn't be at all aggrieved by Itoje. What I can see happening and what I would be infuriated by is AWJ getting it. Started every test and never made any glaring errors. I can see Gatland going for it.

@Maverick1987 create a poll for the thread?

Maro Itoje up there, for me. I think his penalty count last week could see him lose out, though (however I did see a break down of some of his penalties on reddit, and some of them were "for the greater good (the greater good" type penalties, as he stopped a 4 on 1 overlap by killing the ball at one point).
Faletau has been quiet, but quietly effective.
Jon Davies definitely in with a shout, he's been the most consistent performer over the three tests, I reckon. Some VERY important contributions today both on attack and defence.
SOB's been class, too. Really hit his stride again.

I'd be happy with any one of: Itoje, SO'B, Jamie George & Connor Murray.

Itoje really galvenized this whole tour tbh but he wasn't the best player, he made a lot of mistakes. Jonathan Davies for me.

I'd say SOB but wouldn't be at all aggrieved by Itoje. What I can see happening and what I would be infuriated by is AWJ getting it. Started every test and never made any glaring errors. I can see Gatland going for it.

@Maverick1987 create a poll for the thread?

Done let me know if you want anyone else added

The real contenders for me are:
  • Maro Itoje
  • Sean O'Brien
  • Jonathan Davies
Others that could have a shout:
  • Alun Wyn Jones
  • Sam Warburton
  • Conor Murray
  • Owen Farrell
I don't agree with the group of four that I've listed but I do think that they're the players that Gats will probably have approved of massively through the tour.

What about an NZ man of the series?
I'd say it's between Retallick, Cane and Read. Due to the sentimental value of Read being captain and him reaching his 100th I imagine it'll go to him (That's if they nominate a man of the series, do they?)

What about an NZ man of the series?
I'd say it's between Retallick, Cane and Read. Due to the sentimental value of Read being captain and him reaching his 100th I imagine it'll go to him (That's if they nominate a man of the series, do they?)

I thought their front row was excellent

Latest posts